JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally found a leupold scope that makes sense. the new VX5-HD 2-10X42.
I used to use leupold religiously, but i could not find a leupold with a generous eye relief. always had to put it as far back as possible and still wasn't enough.so years of using nikon,burris etc. i was still not pleased. luckily i read an article about this new scope and went in and put my eyes through it and was amazed. the glass is excellent, it came with the firedot and that is a great option on dark skinned game and low light here in the northwest.30mm tube, it has an excellent elevation turret two full revolutions and isnt mushy. also you can order a custom dial for what ever cartridge you shoot for free! all this and more packed into a $899 package is well worth it.well done leupold!!

I am still waiting for someone to build a 1-nX long eye relief scope, as in more than 10" of eye relief, for use as a scout scope.

I think Weaver makes one, but I have not seen it one sale.

Burris, Leupold, etc., make 1x (or 1.5x or close to it) to nX (4x, 6x, 8x) scopes, but they are all rifle scopes with less than 4" of eye relief.

Given the prices of some Leupolds I think a person is better off looking at Schmidt & Bender, US Optics, and other high end scope brands when looking for top quality.

I am still waiting for someone to build a 1-nX long eye relief scope, as in more than 10" of eye relief, for use as a scout scope.

I think Weaver makes one, but I have not seen it one sale.

Burris, Leupold, etc., make 1x (or 1.5x or close to it) to nX (4x, 6x, 8x) scopes, but they are all rifle scopes with less than 4" of eye relief.

Given the prices of some Leupolds I think a person is better off looking at Schmidt & Bender, US Optics, and other high end scope brands when looking for top quality.

there is definitely better optics as far as glass and overall physical strength. but i think for this price point it offers way more than some of there optics in the past. plus, this is for hunting not tactical shooting, although it would do well. im just happy to find something that works for me. if i move into a tactical platform, nightforce is probably going to be the next on the list.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top