JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How has your experience been with the Deltapoint Micro?

• Fantastic!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It was ok

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not ideal

• Horrible!

• Total voters
Yes, the x ray iron sights. When you look through the rear sight it gives you a single dot.

In my opinion, which is not of course the way everyone else should think, it is better to have a micro RDS which presents the dot higher than the iron sights. For people like me with long necks it is easier to bring the gun up to firing position and have the dot in front of my eyes. I do prefer the slide melt mounting technique so that the RDS isn't a big catch point during a draw. A happy medium from what I've seen.
Eh idk if I agree on that. Even a nice iron sight will still force your eye to do some funny focusing games, or at least it always does for me. With the red dot I'm finding that I am able to draw and stay focused on the target much more easily, rather than drawing and then trying to resolve the front sight, rear sight, and the target before taking a shot. Then again, real defensive shooting probably happens so close it won't really matter what sights you have mounted, could probably just point shoot lol.

The other huge thing I get when shooting a red dot on a handgun is that insane precision at longer ranges, even with something as small as the DPM. Over the years I've always enjoyed pushing my handgun skills out to longer ranges than practical and just seeing if I can pull it off. Consistently I have always found that, beyond about 25yd, the front iron sight is just so large it becomes extremely difficult to have visual confidence of where the point of impact will be. With a red dot it completely removes that from the equation and I've been able to push a few 50yd hits pretty consistently. I don't know how much further I can expect to push it though, being a 9mm striker handgun.

I do notice the DPM was getting caught on my shirt as I was going for a draw, that extra length certainly messed with my training I had done previously. I'll be curious to see how the DPP does in that regard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top