JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
careful with that sap, in a collection probably ok. a sap can crush a skull, that is why it's considered a felony to possess in many states. not sure about your area, I would make discreet inquiries.

As far as the sap or blackjack or whatever its called goes, I'm assuming the felony would be if I used it or carried it concealed, which I have no intention of ever doing.

And as far as the revolver goes, part of me wants to go ahead and call the BATFE because I'm a dot-the i's and cross-the-t's kind of guy who wants to be 100% legal, and I have heard horror stories of what happens to those who run afoul of their rules.

The other part of me doesnt want to because I'm afraid they might tell me I have to turn it in to be destroyed and its a family heirloom. It's irreplaceable.

The scary part is, I actually took it to the range once and shot it (using standard-pressure .38 spcl ammo) without being aware of the missing serial#. It would have sucked if that was the one time I happened to get pulled over. I sure as heck wont ever be taking it out of the house again.

This is a great piece of family history. Since your wife doesn't want to display a working firearm and the serial number issue may be messy to deal with even if totally legal to own if you were to ever to be pulled over with this gun. I would do as you suggested and take the firing pin out to render it inert and create a nice display for your collection that you can enjoy. Just my $.02.:s0155:

This is a great piece of family history. Since your wife doesn't want to display a working firearm and the serial number issue may be messy to deal with even if totally legal to own if you were to ever to be pulled over with this gun. I would do as you suggested and take the firing pin out to render it inert and create a nice display for your collection that you can enjoy. Just my $.02.:s0155:

Taking the firing pin out does not change the legal status of a firearm. If the BATF does not have any other issues such as known use in a criminal act then it is possible for them to issue a new number for the pistol. This would of course require contact with them now in controlled manner or in the future in an unknown manner. Worst case is they want the gun because they know something about it or it's ok with them and they give you papers and a new number. I have read of this happening with the new number one time and seen one with a new number in a shop once. Only you can decide how you want to go with this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top