Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Field/Backcountry First Aid Training

Reactions
I'm planning on spending a lot of time hiking and backpacking this summer and it's been a while (~9 yrs) since I've had any kind of training in field first aid. Are there any classes, EMTs, 68Ws, or nurses that could give a course of instruction to refresh me?

AndyinEverson

Reactions
A handy book on first aid is First Aid for Soldiers.
Sure some things are changed or updated like CPR ... But old methods are better than doing nothing.
And some ideas in the book might not be found in other books .
Andy

that guy

Reactions
One thing I want to mention too is that many of these books and courses focus almost entirely on trauma and leave out medical emergencies. Don't get me wrong, trauma is more fun than medical (for the responder, probably suck equally for the patient) but I feel like I'm much more likely to find someone on the trail in respiratory distress than having had their leg blown off or something. Plus medical emergencies are far more likely in other settings: at the grocery store, at your job, whatever.

Basically what I'm saying is don't neglect the medical portion of the training.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    With multiple FFL/shops closing over the last few months, it’s nice to see Ed doing so well...
    • PNW Partisan
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    Ed's a great guy with a good peronality and good customer service. I enjoy supporting his small...
    • jaytee0115
  • Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    I will preface this with the fact that this poor reference is only based on my experience...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Wildcat Mountain
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my family's and my selfs favorite spot to go for hand gun practice and just plinking...
    • Tccae708
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    What a great deal on transfers. Good guy and he makes it very easy. He had fast communication...
    • glorydays4ever