Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Feinstein learned about guns from Rambo

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by GuyBMeredith, Jan 28, 2013.

1. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

While listening to Feinstein present her proposal on banning firearms it dawned on me that she is taking all her cues from Hollywood movies!!

I would like to see Mrs. Feinstein ridiculed in the media for using Hollywood movie images as the basis for her proposed legislation and blow holes in the idea that cosmetic features make firearms more lethal! (Maybe state that Feinstein says a sliding stock makes a firearm more lethal and then show an image of a sliding stock on a bubble gun.)

As an example, she is arguing that shooting from the hip is more dangerous and any "military characteristic" that permits shooting from the hip is to be banned. She has obviously not heard the term "spray and pray", nor does she realize that a mass murder shooting from the hip will more often fail to hit targets.

I rather suspect that the cosmetic features she fears are based on some movie "hero" giving a big thumbs up to a firearm in a movie, convincing her that if the movie character thinks it is significant it must be.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  2. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Patrick Purdy (of Stockton Schoolyard Massacre infamy) fired 106 rds fom the hip in 3 min. 34 hits, 5 dead, 29 wounded = 67.9% miss rate. That's some abominably bad shooting, and given how fragile children are speaking in terms of terminal ballistics the ammo would not have been acceptable for hunting. What scares me is the idea of using an SMLE - bolt gun more conducive to aimed fire, full power cartridge available with expanding bullets, 10 rd mag with stripper clips. So he gets off 30-40 rds in 3 min with a miss rate more like 15% and hits vs. lethality of more like 80% (SWAGs on the numbers here) for a grand total of about 27 fatalities. It seems to me like the combo of gun and ammo produced about the lowest fatality rate to be expected from 3 minutes of shooting helpless children.

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Worst even, picture a shotgun like a Rem870. Takes a few minutes to saw off. And although the tube mag can take just three rounds, you can manually feed in a couple of seconds out of a bag or a bandolier. A shooter can be blasting 00 buck for several minutes causing unimaginable amount of damage, either aimed fired, or shooting from the hip at close distance, and fending off with a handgun anyone ganging up on him if shooting with a shotgun becomes to slow.

4. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

She's a real ''sharpie'' i saw a picture of her holding an AK with a drum mag on it, index finger completely covering the trigger. REAL example of ''gun safety''.

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

That old crow Feinstein LOL! You'd think she'd have an adviser of some sort that knows firearms and how they are used so she doesn't come across as such an idiot.

Being a fan of the Rambo movies, I knew exactly where to find the best clip - at the 02:00 mark! Jerry Goldsmith made the Rambo movies what they were with his great music (that guy had talent).

[video=youtube;JWDktQ6mV1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDktQ6mV1c[/video]

philcoates and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

you cant get a firearms expert to lie, so she has to come up with her own material.

7. mud

mud brush prairie, wa Member

if shes gonna watch rambo movies she should try first blood if i remember corectly he take out nearly very one with a knife and stuff from the woods

8. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

i don't thinkn it's rambo she learned from. i think she has watched commando way too many times. i bet she also thinks belt fed automatic rifles don't need to be reloaded.

9. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

Main problem is that all this is becoming serious language on the part of anti gunners and the myth is growing.

10. mud

mud brush prairie, wa Member

i think we should ban helicopters he couldn't have carried all those weapons and ammo on foot

11. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

12. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched the conference and both started laughing when she said that. Unbelievable that these are the folks trying to legislate the way I live.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Feinswine couldn't pour piss out of a boot if instructions were printed on the heel.

14. NOMOREBS

NOMOREBS vancouver Member

Saying Hollywood accurately represents firearms is like saying p o r n accurately represents sex.

mhasson30 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

You mean I've been doing it wrong all these years?

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

So...what you are saying is your sex life sucks?