JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While listening to Feinstein present her proposal on banning firearms it dawned on me that she is taking all her cues from Hollywood movies!!

I would like to see Mrs. Feinstein ridiculed in the media for using Hollywood movie images as the basis for her proposed legislation and blow holes in the idea that cosmetic features make firearms more lethal! (Maybe state that Feinstein says a sliding stock makes a firearm more lethal and then show an image of a sliding stock on a bubble gun.)

As an example, she is arguing that shooting from the hip is more dangerous and any "military characteristic" that permits shooting from the hip is to be banned. She has obviously not heard the term "spray and pray", nor does she realize that a mass murder shooting from the hip will more often fail to hit targets.

I rather suspect that the cosmetic features she fears are based on some movie "hero" giving a big thumbs up to a firearm in a movie, convincing her that if the movie character thinks it is significant it must be.

Patrick Purdy (of Stockton Schoolyard Massacre infamy) fired 106 rds fom the hip in 3 min. 34 hits, 5 dead, 29 wounded = 67.9% miss rate. That's some abominably bad shooting, and given how fragile children are speaking in terms of terminal ballistics the ammo would not have been acceptable for hunting. What scares me is the idea of using an SMLE - bolt gun more conducive to aimed fire, full power cartridge available with expanding bullets, 10 rd mag with stripper clips. So he gets off 30-40 rds in 3 min with a miss rate more like 15% and hits vs. lethality of more like 80% (SWAGs on the numbers here) for a grand total of about 27 fatalities. It seems to me like the combo of gun and ammo produced about the lowest fatality rate to be expected from 3 minutes of shooting helpless children.

Worst even, picture a shotgun like a Rem870. Takes a few minutes to saw off. And although the tube mag can take just three rounds, you can manually feed in a couple of seconds out of a bag or a bandolier. A shooter can be blasting 00 buck for several minutes causing unimaginable amount of damage, either aimed fired, or shooting from the hip at close distance, and fending off with a handgun anyone ganging up on him if shooting with a shotgun becomes to slow.

While listening to Feinstein present her proposal on banning firearms it dawned on me that she is taking all her cues from Hollywood movies!!

I would like to see Mrs. Feinstein ridiculed in the media for using Hollywood movie images as the basis for her proposed legislation and blow holes in the idea that cosmetic features make firearms more lethal! (Maybe state that Feinstein says a sliding stock makes a firearm more lethal and then show an image of a sliding stock on a bubble gun.)

As an example, she is arguing that shooting from the hip is more dangerous and any "military characteristic" that permits shooting from the hip is to be banned. She has obviously not heard the term "spray and pray", nor does she realize that a mass murder shooting from the hip will more often fail to hit targets.

I rather suspect that the cosmetic features she fears are based on some movie "hero" giving a big thumbs up to a firearm in a movie, convincing her that if the movie character thinks it is significant it must be.

She's a real ''sharpie'' i saw a picture of her holding an AK with a drum mag on it, index finger completely covering the trigger. REAL example of ''gun safety''.

That old crow Feinstein LOL! You'd think she'd have an adviser of some sort that knows firearms and how they are used so she doesn't come across as such an idiot.

Being a fan of the Rambo movies, I knew exactly where to find the best clip - at the 02:00 mark! Jerry Goldsmith made the Rambo movies what they were with his great music (that guy had talent).

Last edited by a moderator:
That old crow Feinstein LOL! You'd think she'd have an adviser of some sort that knows firearms and how they are used so she doesn't come across as such an idiot.

Being a fan of the Rambo movies, I knew exactly where to find the best clip - at the 02:00 mark! Jerry Goldsmith made the Rambo movies what they were with his great music (that guy had talent).

you cant get a firearms expert to lie, so she has to come up with her own material.

Last edited by a moderator:

i don't thinkn it's rambo she learned from. i think she has watched commando way too many times. i bet she also thinks belt fed automatic rifles don't need to be reloaded.

My wife and I watched the conference and both started laughing when she said that. Unbelievable that these are the folks trying to legislate the way I live.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top