JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*** DEAD ***

It requires jumping through a few hoops, but stay with me...

CABELA'S has Federal American Eagle Tactical Rifle Ammunition on sale for $6.49 per box.
They also have free shipping on orders above $99 through August 13th.

FEDERAL has a rebate of 5 cents per round ..... (100 round minimum, 4000 round maximum)

ACTIVE JUNKY currently pays 4% cash back on ammunition at Cabela's.
Here's my referral link: Active Junky ..... (we each get $10 if you use it)
Or you can just go to their website directly and sign up, either way.

DISCOUNTED GIFT CARDS here.
The discount varies, but I'm using 12.46% from Gift Card Zen in my calculations.

Be sure to enable cookies, tracking, whatever, in your browser. Turn off all ad blockers, etc.

Log into Active Junky and make sure they are your last click through to Cabela's website. Do not open any other browsers or windows while making your purchase or you will lose your cashback. See AJ's tutorial for details.

A example of an order will look like this:

103.84 ...... 16 boxes of Federal .223 (just enough for free shipping)
x .8754 ..... discounted gift cards (@ 12.46% off)
--------
- 4.15 ........ AJ cashback
--------
- 16.00 ...... Federal rebate (320 rds x .05 cents)
--------

320 rounds for $70.75 = 22.11 cents per round

If you don't feel like dealing with the hassle of Active Junky, then you'd be paying $74.90 and the cost per round would be 23.4 cents.

The gift cards usually come in $25 / $50 / $100 increments, so you probably won't find the exact total for your purchase. You can buy more than you need and use the remaining credit on a future Cabela's purchase. Or buy just under your total (ie - $100 for the $103.84 example) and your cost per round would go up just a smidge.

Last Edited:
Thank you very much for the info. I used your Active Junky link and picked up 500 rounds which after discounts will work out to be 16.5 cents per round. Here's the breakdown of the savings:

25 boxes @ 6.49 each = $162.25
$20 off order of $150 brought the total to $142.25.

I Purchased 5 gift cards at the link provided ($21.88 x 5 = $109.40)
The value of the gift cards are $125 for a savings of $15.60.
The effective cost at this point worked out to be $126.65.

I had $9.57 in Cabela's Club Points to further reduce the out of pocket expense to $117.08. The cost of 23.4 cents per round is great but there are additional savings to be had at a later date from the Federal Rebate and AJ Rewards.

Through Active Junky I am going to earn cash back in the amount of $9.73 for the order. A rebate of $25 (.05/round x 500 = $25) will be sent back from Federal. This is an additional $34.73 in savings.

After all savings, the 500 rounds will cost $82.35 shipped to my door. If you take the Cabela's Club Points out of the equation you can still get 500 rounds for 18.4 cents per round. This is quite the deal!

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews