JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have a whole lot of experience with rimfire target guns. Truth be told, essentially nothing rimfire does anything for me. Not knocking it, just not my cup of tea. Well, I have been experiencing very strange days this last week, with more tomorrow, so why not continue the unusual with some .22 target shooting.* (Granted, it was whilst engaging in more trigger time with a new Forty-Forty.)

* This one. It is my wife's and I call it her "space gun".
princesa del espacio.jpg

I must say, overall, it was a fun outing and I get the appeal.

What say you? Have a favorite target pistol or revolver in something rimfire (e.g., .17 HMR, .22 LR, .22 WMR, .22 ILARCO, .32 Rimfire, 9㎜ Flobert, et al.)? What do you like about'em? If one was to look for a .22 WMR target revolver, what would you recommend?

Thanks for sharing!

An older S&W Model 41, or High Standard target model is pretty nice. Or in a revolver, a S&W K22 or Model 17. A Ruger Mark series, or Browning Buckmark with a decent trigger are not bad choices either, and typically less expensive than those I initially identified. I enjoy shooting all of these!

My favorite that I own is neither a pistol or a target firearm.
But...its fun to shoot and I shoot it well.
Its my H&R 649 revolver.
My dad gave it me on my 13th birthday.

A favorite one that I once shot....
A original Colt 1849 revolver that had been converted to .22LR .
Andy

My 2 favorite currently, are a SW Victory 22, and a SW 617 10 shot revolver. Amazing accuracy once I put red dots on them....*kaff*kaff*.....of course there's a host of 'old favorites' and some I still prefer but have just finally divorced as the little issues over the decades just never became full-length-match reliable.

I had a Ruger Mk4 Hunter that was my favorite. She was decked of out with Volquartsen. I replaced her with a Volquartsen Scorpion 6" with a threaded barrel. She is now my very favorite 22lr. Shooting paper is pretty boring, but shooting steel with a little 22lr is a lot of fun.

Hammerli, Benelli, Walther TPH and a host of other pistols I've never even seen in real life. They all seem magical.

Hammerli, Benelli, Walther TPH and a host of other pistols I've never even seen in real life. They all seem magical.
I found myself farting around the website of a company called Edelweiss Arms today. They have some real beauties on there, including Hämmerli and Walther. I realize this is a rimfire thread, but there were some offerings from the former in .32 Long that were quite tempting. But I digress. Anywho, thought you might like the site. Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top