JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hunted in roseburg for the last weekend of general, apparently the trooper was the game warden for the region.

Yep,
I heard North Umpqua / Diamond lake was his region, tho
Rumor is he already had his tag filled And was hunting without permission behind locked gate !
It was big LEO convention out Clarks Branch Road that afternoon

It's amazing the amount of people killed because someone doesn't identify their target

Could have been a case of poor muzzle control. There's a reason they say NEVER point a gun at something you're not willing to destroy. Never means not ever, not that it's okay when you're poking around the woods or getting a rifle out of a truck or cleaning a firearm. Never.

Sad.... This is exactly why my family has been taught by me to treat ALL of our firearms as if they CAN take a life at any time while being handled and ALWAYS verbally communicate firearm safety steps while handling any firearm while alone or in the presence of anyone else regardless of who hey are. It only takes a few minutes and the kids are more than happy to take time to communicate safety.

Yep brings things into perspective as I have a 20 YOA daughter who I shoot with regularly and I absolutely HAMMER gun safety into her, and her boyfriend. I underestimated him at first with regard to gun safety but I have no issues - he is probably as aware as me, or at least as much as me with a constant regard for it. While hunting draws on different disciplines for safety there is still no excuse for poor muzzle control or target identification - if it ain't a game animal identified 110% DON'T SHOOT! I once held off on about a 20 yard shot with a bow because my hunting partner was about 15 yards to the right at maybe 45 degrees to the deer - but that wasn't enough for me!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top