Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fast and Furious collection.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Simonpie, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

My mind works in mysterious ways. I was wondering:

If a resourceful guy rambled around the Southwest among nefarious characters and bought one of the "Fast and Furious" rifle, would it be legal?

My understanding is the crime involved was "straw man" purchasing. A legal buyer picked them up with the intent to transfer to an illegal buyer. If I, as a legal buyer step up, does that make it all good?

Are the serial numbers published? They claim to be looking for them, so lower level police agencies must have a list. Would local gun shops?

I assume, when I buy it, the fed gov. will flag it at the FFL transfer to Oregon, but does that make it illegal?

Would a rifle like this have any real historic monetary value? I mean, we're not talking Custer's last stand here. How about if some government official actually gets busted down (unlikely, I know)?

Anyway, just thinking....

2. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

:rollingeyes:What would you do with one if you did buy it? Put it in a glass case with a plaque stating "This gun was from that time when the government F'd up"? Not a very rare occurance.

3. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I would not want to have anything to do with one of those weapons that the ATF think "walked". I would think that would just invite an unwelcome "visit". Even though you did nothing wrong, and the weapon would not have been "stolen", so it would not be illegal to possess, but I would not welcome the visit. (assuming it had not been used in another crime)

4. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

That that would be a keepsake for sure

5. optiontrigger

optiontrigger Snohomish County, WA Member

Why do you assume that they're all in the SW and that none of them made it up here? Unless there's a serial number trace that nullifies it for resale at a pawn shop or local gun store, you could have bought a used one from them or even from a private seller who didn't know what he was buying a few months ago.

6. dubsak20

dubsak20 High Desert Ca. New Member

I personally had 2 weapons seized from the ATF.And would like to see if these weapons serial numbers are on the list

7. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

What does that mean? Seized from the ATF??

8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Seized by the BATF?

9. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

well thats what I was thinking he meant
    but then Im asking myself .. why did the BATF seize guns from you?
    "dubsak20" <really?

10. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

dubsak's first an only post... Can hardly wait for the answer.