JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DNA Samples given in confidence for LDS project, were acquired by the private firm Ancestry.com. Police obtained search warrants to identify person from those records.
NW Connection: Idaho Falls, ID.

"Investigators last year turned to a controversial technique known as familial searching, which seeks to identify the last name of potential suspects through a DNA analysis focusing on the Y chromosome. A promising "partial match" emerged between the semen sample and the genetic profile of Usry's father, Michael Usry Sr. — a finding that excluded the father but strongly suggested one of his relatives had a hand in the young woman's murder."

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/11707192-123/new-orleans-filmmaker-cleared-in

"I had lots of days sitting at the house with the dog," he recalled in an interview, "wondering if these guys were going to use a battering ram to bust open the door and shoot my dog after he started barking at them."

So, they had DNA from Semen at a crime scene - murder.
They have a database which indicates a person might be involved. Not from his DNA, but from a relative.

"Several experts agreed the Idaho Falls police had probable cause to take a swab from Usry. But his experience touches on the delicate balance between the right to privacy and public safety."

Have you given DNA samples to anyone?

State doj has mine for paternity test 11 years ago... Doubt they destroy records.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top