JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been in Welches for a couple years, and loving every minute of it. I have also hunted by butt off, with no luck. Being from the East coast, bear is what has really gotten me excited (the long season is great). I have a ton of white tail deer under my belt (bow and gun) and even a pope and young buck. A bear is the top of my list, even more so than an elk.

I have been hanging around the water and hunting near the berries. This year the berries are small, shriveled, and tart. There is a lot less fresh sign this year than last in my go to spots. Working a fox pro call (rabbit, fawn in distress, and doe in distress) has netted a whole lot of nata. I am not complaining, the forest is great, and I am in way better shape now. Have folks been seeing bears this early in the fall with the heat? Has anyone had experience in the Mt. Hood? not looking for secret squirrel spots or a gimme, jut hoping to hear from of the experienced folks.

I am past the age were I can hump the hills but I have a lot of hunting experience from Montana. I think predator calling is the way to go. I went out with a friend on a stand to practice for coyote. We had a nice bear come in in less than ten minutes.

I grew up on Mt. Hood for about 15 years in the late 60s and 70s. I hiked everywhere for fishing and hunting. I never saw a bear once, not saying they aren't there but I don't believe it would be a place to hunt bears.

I grew up on Mt. Hood for about 15 years in the late 60s and 70s. I hiked everywhere for fishing and hunting. I never saw a bear once, not saying they aren't there but I don't believe it would be a place to hunt bears.

The old Zig Zag market, in the late 80's or early 90's got popped for poaching bears out of season up there. I've had them in my yard in Sandy. They're definitely there.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top