JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not paying attention to the prices so perhaps I'm a little bit off but they should be dropping in price soon for the next six months to a year.
Unless imbel managed to convince the U.S to no longer ban the import of their receivers...

$600-$800 when I bought mine. Old dsa forged receivers might be cheaper.

Throw in cost of parts. I wouldn't consider that barrel part of it, cause its out of place and shouldn't even be on a FAL. :s0170:

That has been bubba'd a little bit. If you are patient you can find deals. DS Arms occasionally sells used demo guns. Other times used guns pop up on GB in their original configuration.

For that money, you could get a decent full Spec DSA FAL, and know you got a good runner right from the get go, and Yes, DSA had some issues many years ago, but I can assure you, they are just fine now days! I too would pass on that, a type 3 receiver isn't the most handy or attractive, and some of the parts and pieces would be questionable, though it does have some of the desirable options, but with a DSA, you get all that and then some!

If you ask @LuckySG real nice, he is a vendor for DSA and can get you the FAL of your dreams at a reasonable price! :s0155:
Unless you want an "inch-pattern" in the style of a British L1A1 or Canadian C1A1--all DSA does is the metric stuff, and there's no parts interchange between the two. :(

Unless you want an "inch-pattern" in the style of a British L1A1 or Canadian C1A1--all DSA does is the metric stuff, and there's no parts interchange between the two. :(
There is SOME interchange. Ejector, ejector block, bolt, barrel (need washer for inch), gas block, gas piston, spring, generally the gas tube retaining collar, bolt carrier, firing pin retention pin, rat tail (plus spring and rivet), BHO retaining screw (metric BHO fits in metric but not the other way around), magazine catch (keep in mind the spring, inch is longer), rear sight and screw, recoil spring, plunger, recoil tube, recoil retaining nut, locking shoulder, and a few more things I can't remember.

I might be off on some.
Unless you actually WANTED a Inch pattern FAL, ( Why?) I wouldn't even bother!
Inch is cool. Plus, ever seen the handguard that turns into a bipod? Pretty damn awesome.

Unless you actually WANTED a Inch pattern FAL, ( Why?) I wouldn't even bother!
Well... with the GF and her folks being Canucks and him having planned to be an RCAF Lifer until she came along in '71, I figure a C1A1 would be a nice stroll down Memory Lane for him and a "this is what your dad used Back In The Day" for her. :) (You know how important it is to keep SO's happy... especially when you're trying to turn them from Curious to Raging Ammosexual. LOL)

I agree the price is a bit high, more than I would pay for that rifle. That said, Pacific Armament and Imbel both (in my experience and understanding) make decent rifles. Imbel is the Brazilian arms factory and they have made many FALs and Ive never heard any complaints about them. Ive had a couple FALS and still have one- a former Rhodie built on the Imbel receiver. I'm right proud of that rifle, altho it is my intent to have that looong barrel reduced in length a few inches by a pro FAL smith. Your best bet is to check out the FAL Files- a lot of info and helpful guys there. Good luck!

I purchased a kit from the classifieds a few months ago without the upper. Looked for several months for a quality receiver. That Imbel upper receiver is $500+ all day and probably pushing $650.

All this Fal talk has me kind of horned up to build one now. I have parts kit I bought 15yrs ago and various other parts and pieces. I would just need to acquire a receiver, a receiver wrench, barrel vise, barrel alignment tools and pin gauges. Anybody in Western. Wa have some tooling I could rent before I completely commit to this rabbit hole?

All this Fal talk has me kind of horned up to build one now. I have parts kit I bought 15yrs ago and various other parts and pieces. I would just need to acquire a receiver, a receiver wrench, barrel vise, barrel alignment tools and pin gauges. Anybody in Western. Wa have some tooling I could rent before I completely commit to this rabbit hole?

DSA has uppers in stock in several types. They were out of stock for several months so don't wait very long as you never know what will or won't be legal in the next year. Especially in WA.

Well... with the GF and her folks being Canucks and him having planned to be an RCAF Lifer until she came along in '71, I figure a C1A1 would be a nice stroll down Memory Lane for him and a "this is what your dad used Back In The Day" for her. :) (You know how important it is to keep SO's happy... especially when you're trying to turn them from Curious to Raging Ammosexual. LOL)

There is a cool video about the Canadian C1A1 and its history.

Enjoy

Last Edited:
After looking around at the options for finding a receiver for a build I would have to say this listing does not seem to be out of line for someone that can reconfigure it to a less franken form. To take a chance and buy a dsa forged receiver you are looking at 650 bones or more after taxes shipping and transfer. :eek:

After looking around at the options for finding a receiver for a build I would have to say this listing does not seem to be out of line for someone that can reconfigure it to a less franken form. To take a chance and buy a dsa forged receiver you are looking at 650 bones or more after taxes shipping and transfer. :eek:

Your transfer fee must be outrageous.
DSA has them at $385.
When I was playing the FAL game DSA receivers were top notch and they could barely keep up with demand at the time, especially when kits were being dropped on the market at $75 a pop.
Then no more imports and bam, ammo and everything went through the roof.
I built about 5 on DSA receivers and all came out beautiful.
Now days beat to crap Imbels are getting Primo STG kit prices.

That is for an investment cast. The forged offerings are $575 before tax, shipping and transfer. :confused: Depending who you believe new dsa's have some issues and you may have to send some back before getting an in spec specimen.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews