JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for a fal and found one and have a question about it.

it's a pacific armament fal built on an imbel receiver.

are they a good brand? I'm still new to FAL's and have wanted one for a while but was wondering if this is a brand to stay away from.

Pacific Armament imported the receiver.
It's a kit gun made with an Imbel receiver.
They are forged and not cast.

Its as good as whoever built it.
And they are nothing like building an AR.

A picture will help as well any other markings it has which will help determine what the country of origin the kit was built from.

Imbel is a good receiver. But as said, it depends on who built it.

As with so many other rifles, CAI can be hit and miss. That's about the one I would hesitate to buy but that's not saying it's bad, just it could be.

Good luck :)

Any chance of trying before you buy? What kind of money are we talking about? The imbel receiver is a positive but how it was assembled and with what parts will tell the rest of the story. I paid good money years ago for a matching # stg kit built on an imbel receiver and have been very happy with it. I also bought a cai built frankenfal for peanuts knowing it may have issues. The general build quality and headspacing were OK, but the feed ramp to chamber transition was mismatched and it would not feed correctly with most projectiles. A bit of careful dremel action and the rifle inow feeds flawlessly and will eat anything. Pics would be helpful.

Springfield Armory is the only one to have imported the entire Imbel FAL and it was the SAR48, SAR4800 for the AWB era ones with neutered a barrel and thumbhole stock.
The older SA 1911's are imported Imbels.

That is a genuine FrankenFAL.
Mix n match of a bunch of stuff.

The stock looks like an Imbel, the trigger housing ("lower") is a type 2, not an Imbel.
Barrel is who knows.

I wouldn't bother with it for half that price.

Springfield Armory is the only one to have imported the entire Imbel FAL and it was the SAR48, SAR4800 for the AWB era ones with neutered a barrel and thumbhole stock.
The older SA 1911's are imported Imbels.
Except for the ones imported through Canada - like mine. It does look much different than mine except for the receiver. The lower is very different.

Last Edited:
For that money, you could get a decent full Spec DSA FAL, and know you got a good runner right from the get go, and Yes, DSA had some issues many years ago, but I can assure you, they are just fine now days! I too would pass on that, a type 3 receiver isn't the most handy or attractive, and some of the parts and pieces would be questionable, though it does have some of the desirable options, but with a DSA, you get all that and then some!

If you ask @LuckySG real nice, he is a vendor for DSA and can get you the FAL of your dreams at a reasonable price! :s0155:

For that money, you could get a decent full Spec DSA FAL, and know you got a good runner right from the get go, and Yes, DSA had some issues many years ago, but I can assure you, they are just fine now days! I too would pass on that, a type 3 receiver isn't the most handy or attractive, and some of the parts and pieces would be questionable, though it does have some of the desirable options, but with a DSA, you get all that and then some!

If you ask @LuckySG real nice, he is a vendor for DSA and can get you the FAL of your dreams at a reasonable price! :s0155:
I mean, I have an imbel receiver and a dsa forged receiver. As ugly as the imbel is, its a forged receiver made from a military factory.

Honestly, I'd just swap the barrel and pistol grip.

Plus, after receiver and parts alone, the rifle is probably worth around that. I'd consider barre free cause I'd be tossing it out for either a 16" or full length barrel, and putting on a flash hider.

With a pin gauge you can headspace the new barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top