JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotcha, wasn't aware they did anything other than forged, no wonder they have so many choices now.
It used to be DSA forged, Imbel forged, then the others, CIA, Hesse, Enterprise and some other flops.
CIA did build some early FAL's with non Gear Logo Imbel receivers that are forged.
People were buying them just for the receiver as the rest of the rifle was usually a disaster CIA style.

Fun days. Cheap kits and I was getting Indian OHV 7.62x51 for $25 per 400 rnd can.
Plenty of Port, Hert and SA ammo to go around too.

Now days if I had to have a FAL it would have to have FN on the side of it.
The early G1 with Weapon of War in Belgian engraved on the side would be pretty cool. But way out of my league.

Gotcha, wasn't aware they did anything other than forged, no wonder they have so many choices now.
It used to be DSA forged, Imbel forged, then the others, CIA, Hesse, Enterprise and some other flops.
CIA did build some early FAL's with non Gear Logo Imbel receivers that are forged.
People were buying them just for the receiver as the rest of the rifle was usually a disaster CIA style.

Fun days. Cheap kits and I was getting Indian OHV 7.62x51 for $25 per 400 rnd can.
Plenty of Port, Hert and SA ammo to go around too.

Now days if I had to have a FAL it would have to have FN on the side of it.
The early G1 with Weapon of War in Belgian engraved on the side would be pretty cool. But way out of my league.

Ya those were the days. I was into fals back then but did not build. I wish I knew then what I know now but that goes for most things. I have an interesting fal that I have had almost 30 years. It has a non gear logo imbel receiver that is stamped by CAI with R1A1 sporter. It is odd because it is most definitely a metric receiver. The rest of the rifle was beautifully built with an all matching # stg 58 parts kit and it functions and looks great. If cai built it, it must be a unicorn. I bought it at a small gun shop near me and the story was an respected Fal builder actually built it which is believable given it's appearance and flawless function. Anyway Fal's can certainly be like a box of chocolates.

One up just now...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR