JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True. But in this study, most of the facial features used were what the authors classified as "transient" (facial hair, glasses, expression, et al.) Therefore they could be changed.

What amazes me is that approx. 100,000 facebook users voluntarily provided their information and took a 100 question personality assessment in exchange for nothing more than the results of their personality assessment. Even more amazing is that a "popular dating website" provided personal information and images of approx. 1,000,000 users, in exchange for what?? $$$ maybe?. I wonder if the users realized the terms of service they consented to permitted this. I doubt it. Who reads terms of service, right?
If you're on Facebook you're not the customer. You are the product. Advertisers are the customer. They probably already knew how many volunteers there were going to be. Plenty, because these are people who are perfectly comfortable telling the whole world what their cat just threw up, what their boyfriend said about their butt or what they like stuck where and why.

perfectly comfortable telling the whole world what their cat just threw up,

cat puke.jpg

Hmmm...
Speaking only for myself here...

My thoughts , attitudes , likes , dislikes , ideas and such have changed over the years.
What I thought was "right" in my 20's , I may question or even think completely opposite of , now that I am in my 50's.

So I am not "buying" into the notion that one can predict much of anything from "naturalistic facial images."
Andy

Hmmm...
Speaking only for myself here...

My thoughts , attitudes , likes , dislikes , ideas and such have changed over the years.
What I thought was "right" in my 20's , I may question or even think completely opposite of , now that I am in my 50's.

So I am not "buying" into the notion that one can predict much of anything from "naturalistic facial images."
Andy
Just like anything in life, there's too many variables. I have begun a new career last month, and in meeting new coworkers I keep my opinions buried, until they reveal themselves to me (maybe I'll still keep my mouth shut!) and I have been surprised at how incorrect my assumptions based on appearances have been. I know people who walk around with 2 face masks that won't take a vaccine, people who "look liberal" that I find out are quite the opposite. I will admit I keep getting surprised every day at how wrong I am.

But I can guess the political orientation of Prius and Forester owners with 95% accuracy!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top