JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I moved to Oregon from California about a year and a half ago and of course brought my firearms with me, all of which were originally purchased there. I have been an Oregon resident since then, have an Oregon DL and CHL.

The Oregon Firearms Federation site says,

"Second, be assured that a private sale is perfectly legal, as long as the buyer and seller are both Oregon residents not prohibited from purchasing and owning firearms, and the sale takes place in Oregon."

My question is can I legally do a face to face sale in Oregon to another Oregon resident of a gun purchased originally in another state or do I have to do it through a FFL dealer?

I would appreciate any advice on this question.

I also moved up from California last year, once I had my ODL started shopping for FTF firearms, not that I needed them just cause I could:D

Just cause your came from CA you can sell them as you wish now.....If they are OLL based you will probably get more from them back in CA or on Calguns

I have traded or purchased nearly 50% of all my firearms FTF.
It's great.

"If they BAN guns, they should also ban Forks, Knives, Baseball bats, golf clubs, rocks, sticks, ropes, glass, antifreeze, and any object that could be used to take someones life. It only makes sense."

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top