JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are unable to reproduce this bug. If you have addition information, please post it in this thread.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Microsoft Windows
Browser
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Reactions
trying to even GET TO this forum using Google - MSN, MSN Edge (?) not CHROME on MY device, Duck Duck Go and even Yahoo sometimes.

I think that my husband's tablet has chrome on it but I am NOT positive there.

And yes, I do clean out my cookies, clean out the entire computer, scan for viruses, refresh, restart and even unplug my computer too.

I even wondered if my SPECTRUM formerly Bresnan was starting to mess with some gun and political forums too.

So here is a head's up. I don't know if other people have had super SLOW loading of pages or not AND trouble getting to this forum.

Two different computers are here in my home, my HP laptop and my husband's smaller set up, a Samsung tablet, which does not have a telephone on it. Same deal - same issues with both of them when it comes to what I have stated.

Thank you.

Cate

Strange, I am using a ChromeBook with Google Chrome and it work fine for my. But I am using Xfinity for my internet and I am also using NordVPN as well.

Same here!
I thought that I was accidently or ? not allowed to even get to this forum again.

That only happened ONE TIME to me (NO clue why.) and BBBass helped me via MY PM to BBB on another gun forum so HE could contact Joe here with my problem.

It was some glitch. It was very strange indeed.

But at the time, I could not even contact Joe, get to the forum at all other than saying in a short note that I was not allowed to or some such thing which I CRS now on the 'wording', etc.

Anyway, I thought that I did something 'wrong' or not allowed here with the RULES and I had NO clue what happened there.

It was some glitch and Joe fixed it and he told BBB to tell me that he would check it out. Which he did for me too.

My husband said, "What did you do because NOW your NWF PAGE will not even LOAD FOR YOU to tell you that you could NOT READ or post on it and not even be able to contact Joe?!"

I told him on Saturday that as far as I knew, I didn't do anything AGAINST the rules but he had NO luck getting here for a time frame too. Plus when I did get here, HE GAVE UP trying for me on HIS tablet, it would hardly LOAD DUE TO THE SLOWNESS.

Cate

Last Edited:
Speaking of ISP connections:

Well, I have SPECTRUM aka Bresnan which I DETEST but I have NO real choice since I can't get BLACKFOOT like I had way UP in the Sapphire Mountains (MT) or I can just QUIT the internet - WWWeb.

Maybe use the computer at the library or by our swimming pool - gym.

My SIDE of this college town does not have Blackfoot service even though I have TRIED TO GET IT TO WORK HERE while Century Link and Blackfoot fought and blamed each other for my issues. So I got a total refund from Blackfoot there. And I live in a new small subdivision and I custom built this house.

I live in town now and according to SPECTRUM there are NO issues now. Plus I am fine with other websites.

My husband will NOT have NO or ZERO ISP connection since we get our so called 'news' from many WWWeb sources there.

We have NO cable or sat. dish boob tube connection and only OTA tv-boob tube reception.

I CAN PICK UP Spokane, WA PBS stations and this MT town's main tv stations NOW here where I built with my TINY indoor antenna off of an older SONY television and off of a newer Samsung television with NOTHING hooked up to the 'smart tv crapola' other than an electric cord and a dvd/blue ray player.

WE never set that smart/dumb crapola up and I could not find a good Sony around when the other older one SONY DIED in it's own way. Pixel and some other STUFF died. MOST of the time - we have it OFF too.

The reception comes from the North - Snowbowl ski resort out of my northern windows. The WA stations come from another ski resort area - they had to move their towers or some such THING not that long ago.

Internet only - Spectrum cable - isp is ONLY used for our computers.

Heck, we have a landline (CL) and NO cellular telephones on purpose too.

I keep wanting to DUMP Spectrum and use a cellular telephone for a HOOK UP to the WWWeb but my husband said that I most likely would have trouble READING and typing on it. I make the PRINT SUPER LARGE on my computer for my eyes. Plus my fingers are getting worse with arthritis.

STOMPER, do you HOOK UP a computer to your cellular telephone or HOW do you use it? Do you type on your cellular telephone and read the TINY SCREEN?

Cate

Hello Cate (@Catherine1 ). Since we just had an overhaul of the website, a good guess would be your problems have something to do with that. Hopefully Joe Link and team will be able to sort it out promptly.

(I'm experiencing no problems. I'm on a Kindle Fire tablet that uses Silk as the browser run on Xfinity.)

Carol

I'm using an iPhone on Wave broadband…. no issues at all. Must be all you outside of Oregon…. I'd say y'all suck, but Oregon (currently) blows and I can't wait to retire and leave this popsicle stand!

;):D
I just asked you a question above.

Can you hook up a computer to your cellular telephone if you NEED or want a BIGGER SCREEN and to TYPE BETTER?

THANK YOU!

Old Lady Cate

I just asked you a question above.

Can you hook up a computer to your cellular telephone if you NEED or want a BIGGER SCREEN and to TYPE BETTER?

THANK YOU!

Old Lady Cate
Not sure how he is doing it but yes it can be done. Depends on the carrier and phone but many will let you use the phone to make your own "hot spot" for anything WIFi like a computer. To do this though depends on both the carrier and the phone. Since many will not easily allow it. I have never tried it but have seen people on Youtube showing how to do it.

Hello Cate (@Catherine1 ). Since we just had an overhaul of the website, a good guess would be your problems have something to do with that. Hopefully Joe Link and team will be able to sort it out promptly.

(I'm experiencing no problems. I'm on a Kindle Fire tablet that uses Silk as the browser run on Xfinity.)

Carol
Is a Kindle thing like yours what some people buy to read books online? You order the books to read off of it from a company or subscription?

I will LOOK it up.

I have read books off of my laptop and my OLD long gone desk top larger computer.

I prefer real books - paper/ink but if I can't FIND SOMETHING - I sometimes read it for free online too. I read a lot of international and national news online. Plus I listen to stations from all over the world.

I never heard of a Kindle Fire one and I don't know what SILK or Xfinity are either.

I will LOOK them up.

Sorry for me being dumb or just IGNORANT here on some computer things and words.

Yes, it may have to do with the upgrades too.

Thanks and take care, lady.

Cate

The Amazon Fire Tablet is kind of a cheaper version of things like an Ipad or those Surface tablets MS makes. I bought the Wife one for Christmas and she LOVES it. She has a Kindle subscription but the tablet will work for almost everything on the net too. Very thin, light,fast and amazing good sound considering the speakers are TINY. Thing cost less than $200 for the top of the line one they sell.

Last Edited:

Carol
Okay and I understand what you meant as a browser (Like Google, DDGo, etc.) which I never heard of SILK before for the name. Plus your X thing is your ISP connection.

I just REREAD what you wrote.

Boy, I can be DENSE at times! Sorry about that!

Cate

Okay and I understand what you meant as a browser (Like Google, DDGo, etc.) which I never heard of SILK before for the name. Plus your X thing is your ISP connection.

I just REREAD what you wrote.

Boy, I can be DENSE at times! Sorry about that!

Cate
Hey a LOT of us are still learning how the net thing works. I have never been interested in much of it. I just want to play on it not build my own stuff or do "hacks" to make stuff work. A LOT of what some of the young people I work with say to me when they get to talking about it makes my eyes glaze over :D

Hey a LOT of us are still learning how the net thing works. I have never been interested in much of it. I just want to play on it not build my own stuff or do "hacks" to make stuff work. A LOT of what some of the young people I work with say to me when they get to talking about it makes my eyes glaze over :D
I did not use calculators or computers in school. (I will be 72 years old this summer if I should live so long!)

We did math the old fashioned way.

We took tests with pen and paper.

We had school books and HOMEWORK too.

People can't get over that when my late husband and I first met and even after we married that we wrote LETTERS to one another and there was NO such thing as email too.

Take care!

Cate

I did not use calculators or computers in school. (I will be 72 years old this summer if I should live so long!)

We did math the old fashioned way.

We took tests with pen and paper.

We had school books and HOMEWORK too.

People can't get over that when my late husband and I first met and even after we married that we wrote LETTERS to one another and there was NO such thing as email too.

Take care!

Cate
LOL, I avoided learning how to use a computer until 2000. We had them at work, I avoided them. Went back to college for CAD/CAM and CNC training so had to learn. Felt stupid with kids younger than my kids in the class who of course could use them. So first weekend I went to the store and bought one and one of those "Dummies" books. Determined to learn. There is a Simpsons episode were Homer buys a PC, then promptly takes it out and tosses it in the trash. I was VERY close to using mine for target practice it was so damn frustrating. I would not let it get the better of me though and finally got to where I could use it to play. Those TI Calculators that are programmable had just come out and we had to buy one for class. Instructor made each of us learn to do Trig by hand. After we proved we could he would download the program on the Calculator for us to use. A LOT of the kids were all kinds of mad. I thought it was fun. Of course I could not even start to do it now as you get dependent on the machine. I have heard for a long while now that cursive writing in no longer taught. That many kids now see it and it may as well be some kind of code they can't read it :(

I also experienced extremely slow NWFA site access & page development Saturday night. I didn't note the specific time, but it was sometime between 23:00 and midnight. I only checked using FireFox on a laptop running Widows 10. At the same time, my ISP - Comcast/XFINITY (whatever) - seemed to provide normal speed when I checked other sites.

All is OK here now (01:45).

Last Edited:
I use my fire tablet for everything, never crashed. Always works, use wifi where ever I go. Got the ten inch after they stopped supporting the 8.9 hdx. When you tell them it is a replacement it will populate the new one with all your existing apps.I do everything on it I would do on a laptop and more. I have kindle unlimited, prime video, and because my sister put me on her account as an extra device (ylu are allowed five I think) , xfinity. Added netflix, showtime, and a couple of other subscriptions, so I spend about $60 a month AND I get all this stuff on my smart tv too. My building has free wifi.
I got the ad free version with 64gb of memory, iirc it was about $180, best $ spent in a while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top