JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I've got a Wyoming Arms Parker 10MM that I picked up used. From what I've read this model was kinda hit & miss (mostly miss) in terms of reliability.

I've tried three factory loads, and one hand load, and all fail to extract consistently (or at all!).

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith local to the Portland area that's might be familiar with this gun's issues?

Thanks and safe shooting!

Jason

Hey guys, I've got a Wyoming Arms Parker 10MM that I picked up used. From what I've read this model was kinda hit & miss (mostly miss) in terms of reliability.

I've tried three factory loads, and one hand load, and all fail to extract consistently (or at all!).

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith local to the Portland area that's might be familiar with this gun's issues?

Thanks and safe shooting!

Jason
Hi Jason,
I may be able to help you. I know a little about Extractors etc..... I live in the Portland, Oregon Area. If you can bring it by, So we can see what can be done. My Email is [email protected] Leave me a number and I will call you. Tony

Netcarrier

Thanks for the offer!

I'm beginning to think it may be a recoil spring issue.

Now where to find one (Checked Numrich & Wolff).

#1 clean chamber, to include wrapping 000 steel wool, soaked in oil/Hoppes chamber brush and chucked-up in drill-motor
Try nickel plated ammo
send gun to me w/$2000 and I'll solve your problem(s)

#1 clean chamber, to include wrapping 000 steel wool, soaked in oil/Hoppes chamber brush and chucked-up in drill-motor
Try nickel plated ammo
send gun to me w/$2000 and I'll solve your problem(s)

Your last offer / suggestion seems very generous ;)

Think I've pretty much solved the issue - this gun only cycles properly with full power loads.

I only have a few boxes of Norma 170 & 200gr factory rounds, and for some reason didn't want to shoot those.

Working up handloads, I started at the low end, and worked towards the middle - no load worked reliably.

Went shooting yesterday with 15 different loads (Longshot, 700X, #7, Bullseye, UNIQUE, CSB-1) all WARM to WARMER.

Any load moving a 155gr 1,275fps+ (or 180gr 1,250+) and the gun functioned perfectly.

Gun's snappy, and I'm happy :D

It does say to only use commercially loaded ammo...........LOL

wyomingarms-manual_01.jpg

wyomingarms-manual_02.jpg

wyomingarms-manual_03.jpg

wyomingarms-manual_04.jpg

wyomingarms-manual_05.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR