JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All. I have been on Extar's "wait list" for well over a year now. Am still waiting for any word about their 45acp version. Nothing but crickets. I seem to remember that they moved manufacturing locations but did not stop their happy talk about "coming soon" offerings. So I am curious whether anyone on our Forum has any recent info about Extar. I also seem to recall that a few around here actually purchased the 9mm version. Anyhoo, that's my question. Thanks for any feedback.

9mm version has been out for a long time. I used to have one. Seems like 10mm and 45 acp have been "coming soon" as soon as the 9mm version came out a long time ago.

They made a few 10mm/45acp to send out to reviewers ages ago but as far as I know they have never produced them for sale. Maybe someday they will but who knows.

Another example of co$k teasing is PSA has been saying their mp5 clone is "coming soon" for years now and I gave up waiting for it and bought a stribog instead (and couldn't be happier with it).

Thanks ilikegunspdx. Its what I thought. Never understand the "tease" made by some manufacturers. Eventually everyone waiting on the new product that never appears just disappear and purchase something else. Say, how 'bout them Hi Point carbines? :rolleyes: They may be ugly but they do exist in real life, unlike the unicorns.

I am also on the notification list for the 45 and 10mm Extar. I've been thinking of picking up the EP9 just because of the price tag compared to others, but that Stribog is looking better than anything else on paper. Maybe a Stribog and an EP10 together could make a nice pair :D But that could be years down the road if it ever hits the market.

My Extar had zero malfunctions in the time I owned it. It's very lightweight (polymer build). Has buffer tube so can't make really compact. Recoil is pretty high due to light weight.

Stribog has had zero malfunctions in the 1000 rounds or so I've put through it so far. Build quality is similar to what you might expect from a $1500+ish gun (my FFL said the same thing). Metal build. Recoil is significantly less than EP9 (the bolt's mass is located above and in front of chamber kinda like an Uzi which reduces recoil quite a lot and gun weighs more and has longer barrel). They are supposed to release a roller locked version early next year which will cost $200-$250 more than current version but will have even less recoil. No buffer tube means if folds to a smaller package. Extar barrel length is 6.5 inches and overall length is 22.5 inches. Stribog barrel length is 8" and overall length is 14.7 inches. Stribog base gun usually comes with 3 30 rounds mags but no brace so you have to spend $100 (used) to $150 for new folding brace.
2c6c4427-dac6-595f-9d9e-799897ab0e43.jpg

ultimatestribog__47581.1559747760.jpg

Hi All. I have been on Extar's "wait list" for well over a year now.

I got one of the first EP-9's and have no complaints. I was thinking of giving it to my Dad with a red dot and weapon light installed for a senior home defense set up. More rounds onboard than his 357 magnum, lighter with less recoil than a shotgun and more power than a 22LR rifle.

Sounds like I better get an order in if they are a year behind!

I got one of the first EP-9's and have no complaints. I was thinking of giving it to my Dad with a red dot and weapon light installed for a senior home defense set up. More rounds onboard than his 357 magnum, lighter with less recoil than a shotgun and more power than a 22LR rifle.

Sounds like I better get an order in if they are a year behind!
I had been real interested in one of these except for how hard they are to lay hands on. Guy who came up with them is sitting pretty. Must be great to be making something people are buying faster than you can make the damn things :D

I won an EP9 several NWFA giveaways ago. For the price, you can't go wrong with the EP9. I am glad that I won it rather than waiting for one.

I wouldn't have bought one or a similar one on my own, but now that I have it, I am a happy camper. It is a blast to shoot and very accurate with a reflex sight attached. It goes with me on every shoot.

Hence, the problem o_O

It sounds like the guy who owns the place is smart. Another gun Co who is much bigger has been lambasted for decades for this same thing. They come out with something, it takes year or better to lay hands on one. People are always mad about it. They do it because the original owner found out the hard way about going into debt to mass manufacture then have the rug pulled out. So they move slowly.
Don't know anything about Extar but would guess they are doing the same. Rather than spend a huge amount of money to make it so he can triple or so his output he is staying small. The problem with investing the kind of cash it would take is it takes then decades to pay for it's self. If he invests huge to double triple or so his production and then one day the BATF or Congress pull the rug out? He is left with all the debt.
During the great .22 ammo panic I often tried to explain this to people who were sure it was all a scam. The people making the stuff were smart enough to not invest huge money to catch up as then the money would have paid for things that sat idle and cost huge money. From what I hear of these Extars I would love to have one at the price point they sell for. Sadly I can understand why the guy making them may not want to take the risk it would take the make them fast enough for everyone to buy one who wants one.

I love mine! Close to 1000 rounds and not a single issue. Haven't even cleaned it once. Started shooting it right out of the wrapper. I do need to clean it soon. I'm feeling guilty! Kind of wanted to see what it would do. 115 and 124 grain Blazer and S&B Brass. Here's the email I got from them back in March. It only took me two tries and I had one. Everyone that I have let shoot it, wants one. So jump on at 4pm PST with Credit Card ready and fingers crossed. ;)They said that they have Oregon Rifleworks and Tigard Pawn on file. I would assume A Cut Above as well. You can email and ask them if they have your FFL already on file.

SmartSelect_20191024-212735_Gmail.jpg

Plus it is pretty accurate. 50 rounds 40 feet fairly rapid pace of fire. :) Inexpensive $25 Amazon red dot. Kaw Valley linear compensator. Don't think it does much with the sound. But I like the looks of it.

20190722_151045.jpg 20190722_115704.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR