Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Evidence mounts that gov't, not gun shops, arming Mexican cartels

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave.
    Here's more:
    America's Third War: Is the U.S. Arming Mexican Cartels? - FoxNews.com

<snip>

Anyone that doesn't believe this admin has an agenda of closing gun stores and limiting your access to firearms isn't dealing with reality.
    They, better than anyone KNOW the truth.
    But if they can sell their lies to the American voting public, they will generate a groundswell of sympathy for their cause.
    Their cause of disarming us once and for all.

3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Well...imagine that.

The thing is more and more people are starting to wake up and see through the government's bullbubblegum.

4. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Isn't this such crap... our own government is selling arms to other countries... fine, but when we sell them and the countries are using the arms to sell and get cash instead of defense to fight the cause, or worse yet there own officials are cough selling the arms out the back doors.... I wonder if we still sell Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua.and other south American countries. Funny how the Presidential answer is "it must be the gun stores on our southern border... I don't know about the south, but Keith's and Dicks up here sells plenty of rocket propelled grenades, and fully automatic weapons.

5. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

"In 2009, when the Obama administration &#8212; primarily through Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton &#8212; began complaining about the number of U.S.-origin guns being recovered at Mexican crime scenes, they knew that gun shows and gun shops were not responsible. The press largely swallowed, and then regurgitated, the Obama &#8220;party line.&#8221;

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Evidence mounts that government, not gun shops, arming Mexican cartels - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com Evidence mounts that government, not gun shops, arming Mexican cartels - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'm curious how much money was paid to Mexican officials to blindly regurgitate these lies instead of applying any logic

7. The Somnambulist

The Somnambulist Portland Member

I had a feeling this would come out sooner or later.

8. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

yes but will it be as main stream as the local murders and hit run coverages on the news channels??? Prolly not

9. Browning55

Browning55 Seattle-Everett Area Active Member

Nothing but a cheap attempt to manufacture publicity to promote Bama's upcoming plans. Too bad so many people have become so brain dead that it would actually work on them.

10. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

11. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Phew! I read that too fast from the main forum index and thought there was now armed Mexican Sasquatches we'd have to contend with!

12. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

13. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I just can't fathom how a few people on this board (I won't mention any names) can make the claim that Obama isn't going after our guns. Publicly, he says he supports the 2A, but his actions and the actions of his administration say otherwise. And actions - as they say - speak louder than words.
    I also find it quite telling that we haven't seen any posts to this thread from some of these individuals. After such mounting evidence as the BATFE scandals and Obama's own 'under-the-radar' comment, what could they possibly say? And even if they supported him based on other issues - like ending our military involvement in the middle-east (still in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now in Libya), or rescinding the Patriot Act (proactively supports it), or giving the people five days to comment on proposed legislation before signing bills into law (signed Patriot Act extension out of the limelight via 'auto-pen' while commiserating with G8 leaders in France), or his supposed commitment to better transparency in government (pushing gun control 'under-the-radar'), or a whole host of other broken promises, how could they justify any continued support for this master of subterfuge? I think the verdict is finally in on this President - once and for all.

14. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

It is pretty simple...those people are idiots.

15. Dave Workman

Idiots or not, they're apparently having fits over a gun battle last week in which a Mexican military copter was downed. More than 70 rifles were seized down in the state of Jalisco and at least some may be Gunrunner guns..

It's creating kind of a panic:

Seized .50 cal. rifle, Mexican chopper downing linked to Gunrunner?

The downing of a Mexican military helicopter and a shoot-out in the Mexican state of Jalisco that left 11 people dead and dozens of weapons seized could be linked to the controversial Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious, according to congressional sources who spoke to this column late yesterday on condition of anonymity.

Seized .50 cal. rifle, Mexican chopper downing linked to Gunrunner? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

16. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

Eh, they'll probably use this chopper incident to try to ban .50 rifles. Wasn't that one new york congresswoman bleeting about that after Arizona in January?

17. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I think the US just gives the guns away, seems like this country is allergic to receiving money for helping others

18. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I don't believe it actually takes a 50 cal gun to down a chopper...

19. Dave Workman

A major new development in the Project Gunrunner controversy came yesterday when 31 House Democrats sent a letter yesterday to the White House, urging President Barack Obama to order the Justice Department to tell the truth about Gunrunner and to cooperate with Congressional investigations.

House Dems ask White House for truth about

20. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

I see Oregon congress critters Schrader and DeFazio signed it............