JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PITTSBURGH — As the National Rifle Association gathers here for its annual convention starting today — an event that NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre predicted to this column yesterday would attract possibly 70,000 people — there is mounting evidence that this country’s government, not its gun shops or gun shows, is largely responsible for arming Mexican drug cartels.

<broken link removed>

Thanks Dave.
Here's more:
America&#39;s Third War: Is the U.S. Arming Mexican Cartels? - FoxNews.com

If you ever watch video or look at pictures of the drug war in Mexico, you'll notice some pretty heavy weapons. This is a war being waged with rockets and plastic explosives, not pea shooters and Saturday Night Specials. Consider these incidents:

- A M26A2 fragmentation grenade used against a U.S. Consulate in Mexico in 2008

- Explosive projectiles and 21 grenades found during a raid in Guadalupe

- An unexploded grenade and pull ring used to attack a TV station in Monterrey

- Automatic weapons, including U.S.-made M16s found at a cartel crime scene in May 2009
Related Video

video

Fox News Exclusive: Drug Informant Quits

Informant details drug war in Mexico

- U.S. military-issued ammunition found in a cartel raid in Reynosa in November 2008

You can't buy this stuff at a U.S. gun store. So where do the cartels get it? According to leaked diplomatic cables, there are three sources.

1. U.S. Defense Department shipments to Latin America, known and tracked by the U.S. State Department as "foreign military sales."

2. Weapons ordered by the Mexican government, tracked by the State Department as "direct commercial sales."

3. Aging, but plentiful arsenals of military weapon stores in Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua.

Even though these facts were well-known by the Obama administration, including Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Attorney General Eric Holder, it blamed much of the violence in Mexico on U.S. gun stores.
<snip>

After looking at a warehouse full of high-powered weapons, allegedly stolen by a corrupt Mexican federal police officer, the informant said it was obvious to him that such weapons did not come from the "mom and pop" gun stores identified by the administration.

Anyone that doesn't believe this admin has an agenda of closing gun stores and limiting your access to firearms isn't dealing with reality.
They, better than anyone KNOW the truth.
But if they can sell their lies to the American voting public, they will generate a groundswell of sympathy for their cause.
Their cause of disarming us once and for all.

Isn't this such crap... our own government is selling arms to other countries... fine, but when we sell them and the countries are using the arms to sell and get cash instead of defense to fight the cause, or worse yet there own officials are cough selling the arms out the back doors.... I wonder if we still sell Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua.and other south American countries. Funny how the Presidential answer is "it must be the gun stores on our southern border... I don't know about the south, but Keith's and Dicks up here sells plenty of rocket propelled grenades, and fully automatic weapons.

"In 2009, when the Obama administration &#8212; primarily through Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton &#8212; began complaining about the number of U.S.-origin guns being recovered at Mexican crime scenes, they knew that gun shows and gun shops were not responsible. The press largely swallowed, and then regurgitated, the Obama "party line."

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Evidence mounts that government, not gun shops, arming Mexican cartels - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com <broken link removed>

I'm curious how much money was paid to Mexican officials to blindly regurgitate these lies instead of applying any logic

I just can't fathom how a few people on this board (I won't mention any names) can make the claim that Obama isn't going after our guns. Publicly, he says he supports the 2A, but his actions and the actions of his administration say otherwise. And actions - as they say - speak louder than words.
I also find it quite telling that we haven't seen any posts to this thread from some of these individuals. After such mounting evidence as the BATFE scandals and Obama's own 'under-the-radar' comment, what could they possibly say? And even if they supported him based on other issues - like ending our military involvement in the middle-east (still in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now in Libya), or rescinding the Patriot Act (proactively supports it), or giving the people five days to comment on proposed legislation before signing bills into law (signed Patriot Act extension out of the limelight via 'auto-pen' while commiserating with G8 leaders in France), or his supposed commitment to better transparency in government (pushing gun control 'under-the-radar'), or a whole host of other broken promises, how could they justify any continued support for this master of subterfuge? I think the verdict is finally in on this President - once and for all.

I just can't fathom how a few people on this board (I won't mention any names) can make the claim that Obama isn't going after our guns. Publicly, he says he supports the 2A, but his actions and the actions of his administration say otherwise. And actions - as they say - speak louder than words.
I also find it quite telling that we haven't seen any posts to this thread from some of these individuals. After such mounting evidence as the BATFE scandals and Obama's own 'under-the-radar' comment, what could they possibly say? And even if they supported him based on other issues - like ending our military involvement in the middle-east (still in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now in Libya), or rescinding the Patriot Act (proactively supports it), or giving the people five days to comment on proposed legislation before signing bills into law (signed Patriot Act extension out of the limelight via 'auto-pen' while commiserating with G8 leaders in France), or his supposed commitment to better transparency in government (pushing gun control 'under-the-radar'), or a whole host of other broken promises, how could they justify any continued support for this master of subterfuge? I think the verdict is finally in on this President - once and for all.

It is pretty simple...those people are idiots.

Idiots or not, they're apparently having fits over a gun battle last week in which a Mexican military copter was downed. More than 70 rifles were seized down in the state of Jalisco and at least some may be Gunrunner guns..

It's creating kind of a panic:

Seized .50 cal. rifle, Mexican chopper downing linked to Gunrunner?

The downing of a Mexican military helicopter and a shoot-out in the Mexican state of Jalisco that left 11 people dead and dozens of weapons seized could be linked to the controversial Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious, according to congressional sources who spoke to this column late yesterday on condition of anonymity.

<broken link removed>

Eh, they'll probably use this chopper incident to try to ban .50 rifles. Wasn't that one new york congresswoman bleeting about that after Arizona in January?

Isn't this such crap... our own government is selling arms to other countries... fine, but when we sell them and the countries are using the arms to sell and get cash instead of defense to fight the cause, or worse yet there own officials are cough selling the arms out the back doors.... I wonder if we still sell Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua.and other south American countries. Funny how the Presidential answer is "it must be the gun stores on our southern border... I don't know about the south, but Keith's and Dicks up here sells plenty of rocket propelled grenades, and fully automatic weapons.

I think the US just gives the guns away, seems like this country is allergic to receiving money for helping others

Idiots or not, they're apparently having fits over a gun battle last week in which a Mexican military copter was downed. More than 70 rifles were seized down in the state of Jalisco and at least some may be Gunrunner guns..

It's creating kind of a panic:

Seized .50 cal. rifle, Mexican chopper downing linked to Gunrunner?

The downing of a Mexican military helicopter and a shoot-out in the Mexican state of Jalisco that left 11 people dead and dozens of weapons seized could be linked to the controversial Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious, according to congressional sources who spoke to this column late yesterday on condition of anonymity.

<broken link removed>

I don't believe it actually takes a 50 cal gun to down a chopper...

A major new development in the Project Gunrunner controversy came yesterday when 31 House Democrats sent a letter yesterday to the White House, urging President Barack Obama to order the Justice Department to tell the truth about Gunrunner and to cooperate with Congressional investigations.

<broken link removed>

A major new development in the Project Gunrunner controversy came yesterday when 31 House Democrats sent a letter yesterday to the White House, urging President Barack Obama to order the Justice Department to tell the truth about Gunrunner and to cooperate with Congressional investigations.

<broken link removed>

I see Oregon congress critters Schrader and DeFazio signed it............

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top