JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, this was probably 15+ years ago. He was drilling through some blocking to run conduit. I was below him doing ADA handrail backing. He screamed. I retrieved his glove with the finger still in it wrapped around the auger bit. They couldn't salvage what was left.

Yeah, this was probably 15+ years ago. He was drilling through some blocking to run conduit. I was below him doing ADA handrail backing. He screamed. I retrieved his glove with the finger still in it wrapped around the auger bit. They couldn't salvage what was left.

Closest I saw was my journeyman mounting a can (electrical panel) on the wall. He was using a regular drill and some long wood screws into a plywood backboard. He had a fender washer on the screw and managed to get his finger underneath the washer as he tightened it down - snipped the end off really fast. Nothing to try to save, just a bloody mess to clean up. He kicked himself over and over for letting it happen.

Another guy was welding some unistrut to some metal railings. The galvanized coating on the strut had a tendency to really pop big pieces of slag when you welded it. He was lying on the floor to get underneath the strut and a piece popped up in the air - and right into his ear - and down the ear canal. We were working way up on a very high catwalk (at the Rose Garden) and he was just grabbing at his head and yelling in pain. He ended up burning a hole in his ear drum, but was back to work the next day - wearing ear plugs to protect himself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top