JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your friend doesn't know what he is talking about.

You also sound like a crybaby.

I agree with the comment about no smoke/smell is BS.

Unless you are burning with an EPA approved Eco friendly, recyclable smoke stack, bla, bla, bla burner, you is gona' get smoke/smell of some sort.

But I do feel for your dilemma.

I live in a town of 2500 +/-, and one person burns garbage whenever he/she can, and it stinks as it is blown towards me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What I don't understand is people who own many acres, yet think they must burn their leaves every year and pollute the town/county/state/USA/world,
cosmos/galaxy/infinity..............:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah Kind of like regulating reasonable magazine capacity...:mad:.. Give me a break. It is what people have heated with for thousands of years before the Yippie yuppie control freaks were unleashed on the earth................................Now, they are the real danger and health risk to the people of this planet.
Apples to oranges.

The capacity of your magazines is none of my business, but there comes a point where the pollution you put into the air that I breathe does become my business.

Thousands of years ago, the number of people on this planet was a fraction of what it is today. Today we live in a nation of over 300 million people who must share a finite amount of water and air, and in order for that to work we need to have some rules.

If you read the OP's posts, his neighbor is burning garbage or varnished scrap wood or unseasoned wood. The neighbor has also had flue fires, which means his chimney has not been maintained. That is not OK, especially when you have neighbors who are being affected by the smoke.

A woodstove that has been properly maintained and is burning seasoned wood shouldn't stink. Mine doesn't. Clean hot smoke rises up into the air and blows away. Smoke from burning garbage or wet wood isn't hot enough, so it sinks downward, which is the problem that the OP is describing.

Yes if that was actually happening. Some think that plain old wood smoke is garbage to them.
Was it shown Citations, Evidence that that was actually what he was doing ?
There has been an outright attack on woodstoves for a long time by the enviro-wackos, So ..............
Usually by the same idiots that think it is perfectly ok to Blow Pot Smoke while driving down the raod.:rolleyes:o_O

He may just be burning some nasty species of wood too.
Somebody gave me about a half cord of Chinese Elm once. I took it thinking it wouldn't be a problem in my airtight stove. Boy was I wrong. The smoke from that stuff would make you feel sick after a couple of days.

Yes if that was actually happening. Some think that plain old wood smoke is garbage to them.
Was it shown Citations, Evidence that that was actually what he was doing ?
There has been an outright attack on woodstoves for a long time by the enviro-wackos, So ..............
Usually by the same idiots that think it is perfectly ok to Blow Pot Smoke while driving down the raod.:rolleyes:o_O
Yes, there have been attacks on woodstoves by envioro-wackos, but the OP isnt one of them. He has a neighbor who is being an arse hole by not using or maintaining his stove in an appropriate manner.

Lets say I was YOUR neighbor, and I decided I wanted to save on electricity by putting a generator in my driveway that burned used motor oil, diesel and grease and emitted huge clouds of noxious smoke. Would my right to generate electricity on my own property outweigh your right to not get choked out by my pollution?

Yes, there have been attacks on woodstoves by envioro-wackos, but the OP isnt one of them. He has a neighbor who is being an arse hole by not using or maintaining his stove in an appropriate manner.

Lets say I was YOUR neighbor, and I decided I wanted to save on electricity by putting a generator in my driveway that burned used motor oil, diesel and grease and emitted huge clouds of noxious smoke. Would my right to generate electricity on my own property outweigh your right to not get choked out by my pollution?
Is there anything wrong with dealing with single instances like that one on a case-by-case basis?

Do we REALLY need a law against ALL petroleum fueled generators because of one idiot?

"Do we REALLY need a law against ALL petroleum fueled generators because of one idiot?"

Unfortunately we do...because we can't deal with unreasonable, idiotic buttheads in a simple straight forward manner ... like we used to before we got "civilized";)

Last Edited:
Right or wrong, good or bad the OP now carries the burden of having decide what to do for himself. It appears he has done everything he can legally and seems to have no recourse to have anything done about it. I, like many of us are not THERE so we cannot evaluate it for ourselves and simply have to accept the OPs evaluation of how bad it is. Regardless with no support legally or otherwise it is probably in his best interest to move and to hopefully pre-qualify the potential new area as one with no woodstoves, or anything else in the area that may result in similar complaints - and like the woodstove issue possibly no legal recourse. I hope if the OP does decide to relocate he finds his 'Utopia' because there are few places that qualify.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads