JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From a Fox article on big cities banning gas cooking stoves:
"... A study published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health in December tied 12% of childhood asthma cases to gas stoves. ..."

Yet, when I do an Internet search on the percentage of US homes that use gas stoves the result is 38% gas, 60% electric, and 2% other.

So gas stoves are a health hazard because 12% of childhood asthma is linked to the 38% of homes with gas, but the 88% of "unlinked" cases from the 62% of homes virtually of which are electric do not constitute a health hazard.

(scratches head and turns to a gun forum for answers)

Last Edited:
Much like most everything that "they" have come up with in the last three years.....if a person with an ounce of common sense thinks about it for a few seconds its instantly debunked.

Same crap as "1 of every 5 children who died in car crashes were not wearing seatbelts!! :s0001: " wait, so that meant the other 4 who died in car crashes, were buckled in!? :eek: meaning... maybe it's not the belts or lack thereof that killed them. It's more likely the speed and the sudden stop/changes in directions.

100% of childhood asthma sufferers sucked their thumbs…
…. Ban thumbs !

(Future Democrats will just need to find something else to sit on):s0092:
Wait.. are you saying that even though Hitler wore pants I can wear pants and NOT be a NAZI??? Don't tell my boss or I'll have to stop telecommuting...

100% of childhood asthma sufferers sucked their thumbs…
…. Ban thumbs !

(Future Democrats will just need to find something else to sit on):s0092:
100% of childhood asthma sufferers passed through the legs of a woman when they were born. Clearly women are the cause of the problem. BAN WOMEN!

** That was sarcasm to illustrate the absurdity of their logic **

Even if this is true...Please explain to me why EVERYONE has to give up their gas stoves? Isn't this the type of thing that parents are more than capable of managing and if they believe it's a problem, they can either swap their gas stove for an electric or choose a house with an electric stove when they are shopping for homes?

Dis sum bullcrap.

comeandtakeit.png

Choosing to ignore that increased nitrogen dioxide levels in a home can cause respiratory issues or aggravate existing problems is odd. It's a well researched topic. No, I won't be replacing mine but leaks and not running a vent fan can and does lead to problems.

Choosing to ignore that increased nitrogen dioxide levels in a home can cause respiratory issues or aggravate existing problems is odd. It's a well researched topic. No, I won't be replacing mine but leaks and not running a vent fan can and does lead to problems.
What about the 88% that could be linked to.. I don't know... increased automobile exhausts in congested cities with poorly planned lights... increased incidences of vaping and e-cigs..... or not spending the money to test if the popcorn ceilings that's falling down has asbestos in it, before removing and renovating old houses for flipping...? :rolleyes: edit or all the wildfires that resulted from poor forest management strategies and plans....

What about the 88% that could be linked to.. I don't know... increased automobile exhausts in congested cities with poorly planned lights... increased incidences of vaping and e-cigs..... or not spending the money to test if the popcorn ceilings that's falling down has asbestos in it, before removing and renovating old houses for flipping...? :rolleyes: edit or all the wildfires that resulted from poor forest management strategies and plans....
I'm not referencing that particular study regarding gas stoves, I'm referencing studies on the effects of increased NO2 in homes. These levels are increased by indoor cooking (amongst other things as you mentioned, but gas stoves are believed to be a major culprit), and many ignorantly choose to not use their vent hoods or fail to have their piping inspected/tested regularly.

Again, I'm keeping mine. You should too, they're great. Use that vent hood though.

Seriously, junk "studies" like this are nothing more that surveys of statistics, usually compiled by grad students for a PhD who got a grant.
Yep. Correlational studies that hold less evidentiary value than the good old Native American weather stone.

I love cooking. My future dream kitchen not only has a gas range, but a wood fire oven and pellet smoker too.

Seriously, junk "studies" like this are nothing more that surveys of statistics, usually compiled by grad students for a PhD who got a grant.
People take some premise they want to be true, then tune a "study" to make the premise true. Then those who also want it to be true jump on it. US has Natural Gas supplies that dwarf much of the world. So of course follow the money as to who wants us to stop using it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top