JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found that there are some pistol braces that just don't work for anything other than a cheek rest or for looks. Well, I found a practical alternative. The Pistol Storage Device (PSD).

Disclaimer: I don't work for PSD. I paid for mine. Just trying to share new(ish) accessories that work for me.

Also, I didn't change from a Brace to the PSD because of possible new laws, I just don't find braces useful for my situation. However, if they do force new illegal laws on us the PSD should still be legal.

I will do a short review when I have more time.

Ive seen these, before braces were under the current scrutiny the are now. This is what I love about American ingenuity though.. despite the ATF's best efforts, plenty of companies out there will come out with new products that meet the nee regulation definition. And just like the T800 "they will not stop, ever".

I found that there are some pistol braces that just don't work for anything other than a cheek rest or for looks. Well, I found a practical alternative. The Pistol Storage Device (PSD).

Disclaimer: I don't work for PSD. I paid for mine. Just trying to share new(ish) accessories that work for me.

Also, I didn't change from a Brace to the PSD because of possible new laws, I just don't find braces useful for my situation. However, if they do force new illegal laws on us the PSD should still be legal.

I will do a short review when I have more time.
Good, the more options we have the better!

I suspect any accessory that attaches to extension tube and adds rear surface area will trigger a form 4999 review once the new rules take effect.
The intention of this wasn't really to try and skirt the new law of passed, it's just a current alternative.

However, there is a possibility this could be legal if said law was passed depending on how it's written.

Hopefully, since the NFA is obviously illegal because of the second amendment, it will be dissolved. But the government doesn't want to give up power.

I think the new thing will be the rear "monopod"

1655755961338.jpeg

The intention of this wasn't really to try and skirt the new law of passed, it's just a current alternative.

However, there is a possibility this could be legal if said law was passed depending on how it's written.

Hopefully, since the NFA is obviously illegal because of the second amendment, it will be dissolved. But the government doesn't want to give up power.
LAW? uhh this is a made up rule

I think the new thing will be the rear "monopod"

View attachment 1225555
Some potential issues with that re AtF

1) they said in the draft rule that they can declare it an illegal brace (with all relevant penalties) irregardless of whether it passes the scorecard or not.

2) depending on what ATFer is filling out the scorecard, it could easily get 4 or more points total.

Note that this assumes the score card and draft rule remains the same as final rule but we won't know that until they release final rule.

Scores are additive so any combo adding up to 4 or more means it's illegal under the draft scorecard.

42F7694F-C8A5-4E23-9B78-E11B49F7FABF.jpeg
C7127B03-A150-4791-8143-AC67F69560E7.jpeg

Some potential issues with that re AtF

1) they said in the draft rule that they can declare it an illegal brace (with all relevant penalties) irregardless of whether it passes the scorecard or not.

2) depending on what ATFer is filling out the scorecard, it could easily get over 4 points total.

Note that this assumes the score card and draft rule remains the same as final rule but we won't know that until they release final rule.

Scores are additive so any combo adding up to 4 or more means it's illegal under the draft scorecard.

View attachment 1227815
View attachment 1227816
My plan is to ditch the brace and adapt. The only brace I own is an SBA4. It came on one of those $100 complete Aero M4E1 lowers I bought from member in Albany. I will use the brace on pistols with 16 plus inch barrels. If I get scorecarded it won't be an SBR.

My plan is to ditch the brace and adapt. The only brace I own is an SBA4. It came on one of those $100 complete Aero M4E1 lowers I bought from member in Albany. I will use the brace on pistols with 16 plus inch barrels. If I get scorecarded it won't be an SBR.
If it's a 16" barrel why have brace and not a stock?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top