JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got this yesterday from Sen. Sharon Brown
Your 2nd Amendment right under attack
Two bills that would undermine your 2nd Amendment right are moving through the Legislature this session. Because the lawmaking process is controlled by one party, both bills are likely to reach the governor's desk for his signature. As a woman, I'm concerned that these bills would have unintended consequences, which is why I voted against them.

Engrossed House Bill 1465: Right now, if you are one of the 600,000 Washingtonians who have a concealed pistol license (CPL), you can purchase a handgun without a waiting period because you have already gone through an extensive background check. However, this bill would prevent you from walking out of the dealer with your purchase until you go through another background check or waiting period -- every time you buy a handgun.

Even more concerning is how this bill would create a barrier for women who want to own a firearm for their own protection. It's the state victimizing women who are trying to exercise their 2nd Amendment right to protect themselves from being victimized. And it's unacceptable.

House Bill 1225: This bill would require law enforcement to confiscate any firearm(s) and ammunition in the household when they are called in on a report of domestic violence. It would also require law enforcement to keep the firearm(s) for five business days.

If a woman is a victim of domestic violence and the legal owner of a firearm, police should arrest the suspect but not confiscate the very thing she can use to protect herself. A domestic-violence suspect will likely be out of jail in less than five days and if the victim has no means of self-protection, she (because the victim is more often a woman) becomes a sitting duck for another attack. The state should look to protect the victim's constitutional right, not take it away.

AND on another Note: I was informed there WILL BE an additional mandatory 14 day wait on NICS checks due to implementing of I-1639. (Stupid me I can't remember when he said it starts.) Over and above? what's already going on.. my attention span was dislodged as I had biscuit's and gravy for breakfast.
On the + side of things, I've yet to speak to a single person that intends to adhere to 1639. Their words, not mine. But I hope they do..

BTW, I looked up stupid on the interweb and got this....
stu·pid
/ˈst(y)o͞opəd/
adjective
having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
"I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"
synonyms: unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, slow, dunce-like, simpleminded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, halfwitted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltish;​

Was I wrong wherein I rushed to judgement when these names popped into my mind when defining stupid.. Waters, Pelosi, Nadler, Sanders, Frockt, Jinkins, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Schumer, nbc, cbs & the list just goes on & on like a bad dream... I think I need to do the mary je wanna thing to regain my focus..

Dan

Just more do nothing window dressing laws for the anti's...nothing more. My Senator and both Reps will vote against, sadly it won't be enough to stop it.

As has been said elsewhere, after you already own at least one firearm, any waiting period is pretty much a waste of time. This is just another increment of making life difficult for one of the most law abiding segments of society.

Hopefully alotta folks, especially with push to publish some of their personal info (bump stock buy-back), make the trip to Olympia next weekend.

Washington - Rights Rally, 27 April 2019 (Saturday)

Boss

Last Edited:
My rep/Walsh, voted nay. :s0115:

Dan

Roll Call
EHB 1465

Pistol sales or transfers
3rd Reading & Final Passage as Amended by the Senate
4/17/2019
Yeas: 27 Nays: 21 Absent: 0 Excused: 1
Voting Yea: Senators Billig, Carlyle, Cleveland, Conway, Darneille, Das, Dhingra, Frockt, Hasegawa, Hobbs, Hunt, Keiser, Kuderer, Liias, Lovelett, Mullet, Nguyen, Palumbo, Pedersen, Randall, Rolfes, Saldaña, Salomon, Takko, Van De Wege, Wellman, Wilson, C.
Voting Nay: Senators Bailey, Becker, Braun, Brown, Ericksen, Fortunato, Hawkins, Holy, Honeyford, King, O`Ban, Padden, Rivers, Schoesler, Sheldon, Short, Wagoner, Walsh, Warnick, Wilson, L., Zeiger
Absent:
Excused: Senator McCoy

Roll Call
HB 1225

Domestic violence/law enf.
4/11/2019
Yeas: 27 Nays: 20 Absent: 0 Excused: 2
Voting Yea: Senators Billig, Carlyle, Cleveland, Conway, Darneille, Das, Dhingra, Frockt, Hasegawa, Hobbs, Hunt, Keiser, Kuderer, Liias, Lovelett, Mullet, Nguyen, Palumbo, Pedersen, Randall, Rolfes, Saldaña, Salomon, Takko, Van De Wege, Wellman, Wilson, C.
Voting Nay: Senators Bailey, Becker, Braun, Brown, Ericksen, Fortunato, Hawkins, Holy, Honeyford, King, O`Ban, Padden, Rivers, Schoesler, Sheldon, Short, Wagoner, Walsh, Warnick, Zeiger
Absent:
Excused: Senators McCoy, Wilson, L.

"Roll Call
EHB 1465

Pistol sales or transfers
4/17/2019
Yeas: 27 Nays: 21 Absent: 0 Excused: 1
Voting Nay: Senators Bailey, Becker, Braun, Brown, Ericksen, Fortunato, Hawkins, Holy, Honeyford, King, O`Ban, Padden, Rivers, Schoesler, Sheldon, Short, Wagoner, Walsh, Warnick, Wilson, L., Zeiger
Absent:
Excused: Senator McCoy

Roll Call
HB 1225

Domestic violence/law enf.
4/11/2019
Yeas: 27 Nays: 20 Absent: 0 Excused: 2
Voting Nay: Senators Bailey, Becker, Braun, Brown, Ericksen, Fortunato, Hawkins, Holy, Honeyford, King, O`Ban, Padden, Rivers, Schoesler, Sheldon, Short, Wagoner, Walsh, Warnick, Zeiger
Absent:
Excused: Senators McCoy, Wilson, L. "

Thanks for posting. I see I'm going to have send a nasty letter to my piece of garbage senator who used to be one of the blue dog democrats. Generally was socially liberal but supported the second amendment. Maybe this next time around we will vote his useless butt out. I'll be posting this and letting people know around here. He just lost a chunk of his support by voting yes here.
(BTW I'm talking about Hobbs.)

Just got this news.....

Good morning Dan,
Just reaching out with an update about HB 2182 (the bump stock buy-back program records bill) and it looks like the companion version, SB 6025 passed both the House and the Senate last night with strong bipartisan support. The next step is for the governor to sign it. Hope that helps.
Conor Agnew
Legislative Assistant
360.786.7828 | LEG 122G
Representative Skyler Rude – 16th Legislative District

Dan

SB 6025 Concerning bump-fire stock buy-back program records.
Chamber: SENATE
Bill No.: SB 6025 Docs
Motion: 3RD READING & FINAL PASSAGE
Item No.: 9
Transcript No: 105
Date: 4-28-2019

Yeas: 39 Nays: 7 Absent: 0 Excused: 3

Voting yea: Senators Bailey, Becker, Billig, Braun, Brown, Cleveland, Darneille, Das, Dhingra, Ericksen, Fortunato, Hasegawa, Hawkins, Hobbs, Holy, Honeyford, Hunt, Keiser, King, Liias, Lovelett, McCoy, O'Ban, Padden, Randall, Rivers, Rolfes, Saldaña, Salomon, Schoesler, Short, Takko, Van De Wege, Wagoner, Walsh, Warnick, Wellman, Wilson, L., and Zeiger
Voting nay: Senators Carlyle, Frockt, Kuderer, Nguyen, Palumbo, Pedersen, and Wilson, C.
Excused: Senators Conway, Mullet, and Sheldon

Chamber: HOUSE
Bill No.: SB 6025 Docs
Motion: FINAL PASSAGE AS AMENDED BY THE HOUSE
Item No.: 13
Transcript No: 105
Date: 4-28-2019

Yeas: 97 Nays: 1 Absent: 0 Excused: 0

Voting yea: Representatives Appleton, Barkis, Bergquist, Blake, Boehnke, Caldier, Callan, Chambers, Chandler, Chapman, Chopp, Cody, Corry, Davis, DeBolt, Dent, Doglio, Dolan, Dufault, Dye, Entenman, Eslick, Fey, Fitzgibbon, Frame, Gildon, Goehner, Goodman, Graham, Gregerson, Griffey, Hansen, Harris, Hoff, Hudgins, Irwin, Jenkin, Jinkins, Kilduff, Kirby, Klippert, Kloba, Kraft, Kretz, Leavitt, Lekanoff, Lovick, MacEwen, Macri, Maycumber, McCaslin, Mead, Morgan, Morris, Mosbrucker, Orcutt, Ormsby, Ortiz-Self, Paul, Pellicciotti, Peterson, Pettigrew, Pollet, Ramos, Reeves, Riccelli, Robinson, Rude, Ryu, Santos, Schmick, Sells, Senn, Shea, Shewmake, Slatter, Smith, Springer, Stanford, Steele, Stokesbary, Stonier, Sullivan, Sutherland, Tarleton, Thai, Tharinger, Valdez, Van Werven, Vick, Volz, Walen, Walsh, Wilcox, Wylie, Ybarra, and Young
Voting nay: Representative Orwall

Last edited by a moderator:
EHB 1465, Sitting on inslee's desk for signing.. same goes for 1225

Dan

upload_2019-5-3_11-55-39.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR