JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a pistol and I would like to have some lettering on the slide. In memory of a good guy that has passed on. Does anyone know an outfit that can do it?
Most shops that put together trophy's will have a lazer engraver. I had a trophy shop in Gearhart do some work on my carry piece.

I have many highly engraved (mostly German) guns. In my opinion Lazer engraving looks cheep. I would find a craftsman that can do it right. I took this photo at the Merkel factory in Suhl a couple of years ago. She is the current master engraver at the factory. The American guy I used to use has retired but it shouldn't be a big problem to find an artisan to do a great job. She works with very few tools. There are listings on gunsinternational for engravers. 8C2EA7A7-DAEA-4D4E-8707-82221E8D107A.jpeg

Last Edited:
Many years ago I sold a house here in Seaside to a fellow and his wife from Cove, Oregon. (I was a Realtor), Turned out to be Robert Valade a very well known and respected Master engraver. We became friends and over the years he engraved several folding knives and a stainless Ruger Security Six for me. He did the majority of his work in the middle of the night as it was quiet and he could concentrate better. A real Craftsman and gentleman. He passed away a couple of years ago.

I had gunsmoke back in the day engrave my 1911! Unfortunately there shop shut down.

Definitely go with hand-engraved over Laser! Definitely more detail and craftsmanship!

If you want hand-engraving done, then there are the giving-away of fine engravers here in UK, about half and half men and women.

However, it also helps to have patience and $$$$$/££££££.

It would be good if your late friend's name was Abe Dunn, but if you had my luck, it would be something like Ignatz Wolfgang Maximilian Breitbart, Graf von Loeffelgeier und Suppenbecher.

tac

As others have said lazer engraving does not look as good as hand engraving. Cost and long lead time to hand engraving should be concidered. 10 months and a lot of $ for my two below guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top