JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just going to say find out what is the most you would be shooting this gun if it's 75 yards then site it for 75 yards .but just remember .at that site in .the closer the Target gets to you the lower the shot will hit .

And I'm lucky enough that I site my AR well some of them at 36 Yards.
Lol it's 35 YARDS from my front door to the street JUST SAYING

You'd be surprised about terminal ballistics out of a 10.5" barrel; it's better than you think!

As I mentioned earlier, I had no problems hitting a steel plate at 200 yards with a 10.5" barrel and 3.25 moa red dot. @Cosimel can back me up on this, as he was standing next to me at the time.

For ammo out of a short barrel, it's often better to go with something like a soft point over a FMJ, so you're not as reliant on velocity for expansion or fragmentation. A few boxes of Gold Dot or bonded soft points is what I would go with for home defense, and is also used by a lot of LE agencies.

Also look at the Hornady 75gr TAP or any of the 77gr OTM options available.

Last Edited:
I got a 300 BLACK OUT Rifle sites are set at 25 yards .but it doesn't matter it's a pig gun and if you get hit with it your done .and if you get hit with two from it your done and your kids wife mom dad or what ever will fell it

You'd be surprised about terminal ballistics out of a 10.5" barrel; it's better than you think!

For ammo out of a short barrel, it's often better to go with something like a soft point over a FMJ, so you're not as reliant on velocity for expansion or fragmentation. A few boxes of Gold Dot or bonded soft points is what I would go with for home defense, and is also used by a lot of LE agencies.
Gold Dots came highly recommended (specifically the unobtainium 64-gr version), and I was also planning around Black Hills or IMI Mk 262--DocGKR also suggested barrier-blind loads for SBR's. It's not so much the accuracy that concerns me, as the "will it do enough damage on impact to say Party's Over" factor. Admittedly, nobody ever laughed off getting shot with anything, but...

Figure out what your primary load is and then plug the specs into a trajectory calculator like JBM or the LRBC at vortexoptics.com once you have chronographed it out of your gun to know where it's at, preferably at around 60 degrees F. Then play around with the zero range until the trajectory meets the needs of your primary mission.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top