JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
first i want to apologize for digging up this zombie

ive been planning my ar build for a while and i was looking into getting this trigger.

for those of us in Washington, this is the definition of a machine gun

RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

(15) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

key words being "Machine gun means any firearm not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot"

unfortunately the way it is worded it seems that the release would be "not requiring that the trigger be pressed"

i absolutely want to get this trigger but from my understanding it would fall under the definition of a machine gun

if someone could convince me otherwise, it would be greatly appreciated..

From the Fostech Website (as you can see, it was updated late December to exclude Oregon and Washington, who they had previously shipped to. Looks like we are out of luck until a court case comes along and decides different, or the AG issues an opinion which of course will likely just close whatever door is slightly open):

THE ECHO TRIGGER IS CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER AND A TRIGGER ORDERED TODAY HAS AN ESTIMATED SHIP DATE OF THE 2ND QUARTER OF 2017.

The Echo Trigger is a ground breaking drop in design that is approved by the ATF.

The Echo Trigger allows the shooter to select from 3 different settings.

Safe Mode: Firearm will not fire.
Semi-Automatic Mode: Firearm fires when trigger is pulled.
Echo Mode: Firearm fires when trigger is pulled and also when trigger is released.

The Echo Trigger is designed with safety being the utmost priority. When the shooter is in the Echo Mode and depresses the trigger one round is fired, if the target moves, the shooter can move the selector to the safe position and a second round will not fire upon release.
The echo trigger has several distinct features:
PATENTED Design that gained ATF Approval (Patent # US 8,820,211 B1)
Technology licensed through HIPERFIRE inside the Echo Trigger
Light, clean, and crisp pull in Semi-Automatic Mode
The Echo Trigger is packed full of cutting edge technology
Reliable function in Echo Mode .

12/29/2016 : With the ever-changing wave of state and local firearms laws and regulations, individual federal firearms licensees are typically in the best position to know what firearms and accessories can and cannot be sold in their particular locations and, if they can be sold, how and to whom. Depending upon your location, an FFL may not be permitted to carry for sale all FosTecH products, and FosTecH has restricted its direct sales to preclude sales to individuals in certain states. For example, states such as New Jersey and North Dakota have defined "machinegun" under state law in a way that is more stringent than federal law and, as a result, an Echo Trigger system if installed could be deemed to be a machinegun in such states. Other states have enacted other types of laws that do or may bear on the legality of some products. As such, FosTecH may, from time to time, restrict the sale of its products in various locations.

Current States that FosTecH will NOT be able to ship triggers to are as follows: North Dakota, Oregon, Washington, & New Jersey

If you have paid a deposit and reside in one of the states listed FostecH will not be able to ship your Echo Trigger to your state. Please call the office at 812-445-4028 and we will give you a refund or make other arrangements.

State and municipal laws and regulations, however, are subject to change at any time without notice to FosTecH. For this and other reasons, FosTecH cannot be relied upon to provide legal advice, and nothing in this message should be relied upon as legal advice. Legal questions and requests for legal advice should be directed to a qualified attorney in your area.

We thank you for your support of FosTecH and the American firearms industry, and we look forward to working with you for many years to come.

The Echo Trigger is for the direct impingement AR-15. The Echo trigger comes with a stripped carrier with gas key. The stripped carrier is very similar to a full auto carrier except for a chamfer on the rear of the carrier. The Echo carrier must be used in order for the Echo to function correctly. The customer can modify their existing bolt to match the chamfer but FosTecH cannot recommend this practice.

The complete payment is not necessary at this time. If you prefer you can put a $200.00 deposit down that will hold your place as well and the remainder will be due when the trigger is ready to ship. Your place in line will not be moved closer to the front just because you have paid in full.

thanks for the reply. i noticed that on the website aswell but i interpreted it as them not willing to ship to Washington because they didnt want to argue with the state on the definition.. i could easily get it shipped to my sister in Idaho and pick it up on my next visit, but now im thinking that might not be possible..

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews