JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At about 10pm I thought I heard a strange sound. 10 seconds later my wife says, "what was that, did you feel that?!" I didn't feel it though I heard something that sounded like possibly our building (condo) settling. Sure enough, epicenter was in Molalla, 3.2. Warning shots for the big one? Sure hope not!

i felt something as i was sitting in my tractor-trailer at the super 8 in grants pass. it made the truck jump a little! i got outside and ran around the truck and trailer to make sure nothing came loose, or was going to tip over.

yep my house in Silverton just barely shuddered. Much like when a really good blast of wind hits the huge south wall. We went through the Spring Break Quake 5.6 (centered in the same area) and the only thing I have ever found that was due to the quake was a couple of vertical cracks in the paint where two walls meet at a 90 in the kitchen. The walls there are particle board.

Ether my intire building is not built right or we just had a small earth quake? I live on top floor everything shook for about 3 secs. :s0131:

Portlander here, I spent several years in SoCal and felt many quakes there. Sometimes being on the upper floor of a structure can really amplify the wobble. What moves a couple inches on the ground might produce extra flex and sway a few stories up. I swear I heard nails squeaking in the frame of my house in San Diego more than once.

Then the trick for me, in the middle of the night, is to try to go back to sleep after a shaker. Was it a tiny local one? Or maybe it was a humongous catastrophe 1000 miles away and we're feeling it way out on the 10th ring from the bullseye? The internet is cool because we can find out pretty quickly where it was and how intense. Then because we're wide awake we can look for guns and stuff online!

Major quakes coming? Who knows? I'll take my chances anywhere, anytime, on the west coast over those tornadoes and hurricanes in the east.

where you might need to be self-sustaining for up to four weeks.

Peter

If "the big one" hits the NW you're gonna need more than that. Think of how commerce will be disrupted if the bridges fall. Nothing moving up i-5 or 84, busted up rail road tracks, and even in Portland one side will be cut off from the other. Bridges, roads, and tracks take a long time repair

I have to agree four weeks would not be enough in my opinion for long term, but since most people do not have more than 3 days or 1 week at most, it would be an excellent start.

I suggest you do the four week project as pointed out and then build on it, thats how I started, 2 weeks, four weeks, 90 days, 6 months and now except for a reliable water and long term energy source I am set.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top