JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not worried about carrying 8+1 but he might be.

I do it in style:
IMG_9349.jpg

I agree 8+1 is plenty and do like the sig 220 in 10mm. What I don't like about it the de cocker that is missing from the 220. I have a 226 in .357sig and love it. I guess it just might be me wanting something I don't yet have. That's a 10mm and an EAA. I have a few 1911's and am still considering the Sig and a Dan Wesson Pointman 1911 in 10, but I just wish I could get my hands around the EAA to complete the process. Seems they are like hens teeth when comes to actually putting my paws on one without buying it first.

I own an "Elite Limited". The Elite designation is the special breed of Tanfoglio with the coned barrel lock-up. Awfully nice guns. I presume they could be compared to the Ed Browns, Night Hawks etc, for half - the price. Trigger may not compare to the aforementioned, but pretty darned good. Running in the 4# area. I'm intrigued by the "Hunter". If I were to ever get another that would be the one. Too bad you guys are not in the area, could arrange for a test fire. They're rather hard to come by. I had to wait 4 months for Kieth's to get one in for me.

FWIW... personally. I once owned a .45 version- made in Italy and imported by EAA. I had some problem with the magazines- can't remember exactly but seems like it was followers.. Anyway when I tried to get EAA to help me out, the counter guy got RUDE. Threatened me with a:eek: LAW SUIT (they were in Fla and I was in Colo) if I carried out my intention of slamming them in gun magazines... anyway the guy was a real a-ho and I got no help from EAA. So I sold the pistol and have never acquired another EAA ANYthing. Too bad, really, tho the pistol was a bit hefty with the steel frame, I had no fear of the weapon itself failing. So I stuck with my Colt autos until a G21 joined my stable...

Hey everyone. Didn't mean to abandon the thread. I am still looking at this one and all of your input has been/is very helpful. I have another project going on right now and have chosen to focus on the firearm before me and not the one ahead of me. First rate data. Thanks. Love the pics too!

I love shooting mine. Everyone loves shooting my EAA Witness 45 acp with the compensator, no barrel flip, smooth as silk and soft as butter to shoot.
View attachment 447709 View attachment 447710

View attachment 447708

I think there needs to be a correction when speaking of pistols you get from EAA corporation, "European American Armory" EAA is not a gun manufacturer. EAA is the importer of guns from other companies....Such as Husan, Weirauch, Tanfoglio, ATA...
Long Guns Handguns

And "Witness" is a line of hand guns from Tanfoglio. The Tanfoglio Witness line is a clone of CZ . As I understand it CZ came up with the design and didn't, for some reason, patent the design. So Tanfogio copied the design. I think there are another couple of hand gun makers the use the same design too, but can't think of them now.

We are a two CZ and one Tanfoglio house hold! :D

Stock III? Does that have the polygonal barrel? Cone lock-up? Single/double, or just single?

I've got this one.
witness-elite-limited-tanfoglio_l.png
It was actually kind of a mistake getting the limited. There was no need for the flared magwell, makes getting mags spendy because of the proprietary base plate. Maybe that's changed now? It's the single action only, polygonal barrel and cone lock-up that make its accuracy I believe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top