JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Solid guns for the price. I know the 9mm version has two different magazine styles which can make getting extras slightly complicated, not sure about the .45.

My thoughts:

Secretly enjoy them over a cz. I don't like a front sight I can't replace. On the other hand I can operate the slide with the safety on, unlike cz. I hear rumors they had issues with slides cracking and their wonder finish was trash. No idea and never seen it myself. For the price I'd totally buy a poly framed witness over other economy guns. Not all...most. I'm still riding high on the Ruger 9E.

My thoughts:
Secretly enjoy them over a cz. I don't like a front sight I can't replace. On the other hand I can operate the slide with the safety on, unlike cz. I hear rumors they had issues with slides cracking and their wonder finish was trash. No idea and never seen it myself. For the price I'd totally buy a poly framed witness over other economy guns. Not all...most. I'm still riding high on the Ruger 9E.
The problem with the slide is that the guide rod notch isn't very hefty, so can wear, and eventually fail there. This HENNING GROUP - Product Detail - Conefit Guiderod for Tanfoglio takes care of the problem.
Hennings sells a bunch of upgrades for the witness... they are very popular for competitive shooting. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Ive been waiting for a 10mm to follow me home.

Looking at these today. Anybody have experience with them? I would welcome your input. The .45acp models are strangely alluring.
I have the "Stock III" blue in 10mm.
Steel frame and slide.
Target sights.
If you think a CZ SP-01 is cool......well, this is the next level.
Very smooth shooter and very accurate.

I have the 999111 model and it feels really nice in the hands. Haven't fired it yet so can't speak on functionality and accuracy....yet. I'm not a big fan of railed receivers but it'll do for now. Buds guns has them just over $300.

The 10mm on the left has a outstanding trigger and 14 round mags. The old 45 on the right is 20 yrs old and got a makeover. Its always been reliable but the trigger has lots of travel and then a good amount of creep. Solid guns though.
Forgot to mention you can put the slides on either frame:p
IMG_0129_zpshadwy0gi.jpg

Last Edited:
I have a stock iii in 9mm and I'm just meh about it. The trigger breaks too far back for me, so if you have medium to larger hands, you may not like it. But the pistol is gorgeous, except it's a kind of a fragile bluing so make sure to keep it oiled down after shooting.

I handled one of the basic witness steels in 10mm, and I'm such a 10mm fan, I would have bought it on the spot, except the tooling marks all over the gun were BAD.

so stick with the elite line for finish and peace of mind that you won't have to deal with EAA's legendary customer service.

Last Edited:
My wife had a .45 Carry-comp a good few years ago and we both loved it. It was reliable and accurate, it was just too big for her to carry and she reluctantly sold it on to get something smaller.

I have a Tanfoglio Witness in WonderFinish (in 10mm, of course). It shoots well and was a bargain for the price paid. The newer Witness Stock can deliver rifle-like accuracy at an affordable price. Since we can no longer obtain the Bren Ten, this is a viable alternative.

Hey Captain, is your witness stamped with a CIP proof or other indicator to what pressure the barrel was proofed at?

Since CIP max pressure for 10mm is so low compared to SAAMI, I'm worried about shooting hot ammo like Underwood or Buffalo Bore in the witnesses.

The Witness pistols are stout enough to handle any "full house" 10mm load. The newer Witness pistols are even more rugged than the earlier examples. (The slides had some heat treatment issues with some of the first run).

I hope that this helps.

Most of the US Tanfoglios are the large frame versions. That means you can have them in 9 or 40, but without the frame getting any larger, you can get them chambered in 10 and 45. That's a plus.

The downside is that the DA part of the trigger system has a 3" trigger reach. That's pretty big... The SA pull is about 2.6" but the DA trigger reach is a little uncomfortable for me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads