JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a DW CBOB and love the pistol, but it is a bear to take down for cleaning. Other 1911's I've had I could just pop the slide release loose with a good push of my thumb. I have to take a brass punch to this thing to get it out. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want the thing to just fall out, but I would like to make it a little easier to take down.

Dumn question, but..... Do you take out the recoil spring first? Take recoil spring plug out the front of the slide first, then releasing tension on the recoil spring. I know, I know, but I've seen guys leave the recoil spring assy in there and push the slide stop pin out, and the slide shoots off, and they insist that's the way to do it.

Anyway the slide stop should just pop out..... It's a gun that was designed to field strip with no tools. If it's the plunger detent, you can take it out, and polish the tip with rouge, that might slick it up.

Dumn question, but..... Do you take out the recoil spring first? Take recoil spring plug out the front of the slide first, then releasing tension on the recoil spring. I know, I know, but I've seen guys leave the recoil spring assy in there and push the slide stop pin out, and the slide shoots off, and they insist that's the way to do it.

Anyway the slide stop should just pop out..... It's a gun that was designed to field strip with no tools. If it's the plunger detent, you can take it out, and polish the tip with rouge, that might slick it up.

Yes I take out the recoil spring first. This isn't the first 1911 I've had. I was actually thinking about what you suggested. Maybe polishing the detent in the slide assy where the plunger goes with jewelers rouge. Good suggestion.

Any other suggestions folks?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR