JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a long and sobering read about the changes in chemical composition of meth over the last decade:

It is overly simplistic to assert that moral degeneracy is why people start or continue to use drugs. People start using drugs for all sorts of reasons, including many in the opioid epidemic who were originally legitimately (or overly-eagerly by docs and Big Pharma) prescribed pain medications. The Sackler family paid $4.5 BILLION to just begin to account for their responsibility in the drug crisis. I have a friend who got hooked on meth in middle school after her mother gave it to her as a "study aid." That's not a moral failing on my friend's part, like many of you commenters above would make it seem. There are deeper societal reasons why people turn to drugs, including PTSD from decades of pointless war in Afghanistan, despondency about the environmental future of the world, the financial impacts of gross income inequality, etc. The pandemic obviously shattered many people's sense of connection and community, things that keep lives stable and keep people sober, as well as made it harder for people to access resources like support groups, chemical intervention, rehab, etc.

The poster above says that "The people who are choosing to consume and might somehow not be restricted from voting tend to vote left" but that's not actually true.

Findings published in the journal of the American Medical Association show that a "cross-sectional analysis of a national sample of Medicare claims data found that chronic use of prescription opioid drugs was correlated with support for the Republican candidate in the 2016 US presidential election." "In the 693 counties with adjusted rates of opioid prescription significantly higher than the mean county rate, the mean (SE) Republican presidential vote was 59.96%, vs 38.67% in the 638 counties with significantly lower rates." "Support for the Republican candidate in the 2016 election is a marker for physical conditions, economic circumstances, and cultural forces associated with opioid use." (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2685627)

"Survey respondents who identified themselves as Republicans reported drug use at a higher rate than their Democratic or Independent peers. The most significant differences in the rates were between Republicans and Independents." "Reported Republican rates of increase are slightly higher (9%) than their Democratic peers and are 42% higher than the rate of Independents. Republicans were also 18% more likely than Democrats and 40% more likely to Independents to report they had previously been diagnosed with or treated for a substance use disorder."
(https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/professionals/blog/2020-election-stress-substance-use-trends/)

I'm not really trying to incite a partisan politic debate, I think it's tragic all around and I think that some of the comments above are really heartless and/or uninformed.

Last Edited:
Imagine.....the "safety equipment/measures" that someone working in one of those "shooting galleries" will have to use.

Not to mention that nowadays....illegal drugs are like a "nothing burger" when someone is caught for possession. That is.....IF, a DA decided to bring charges.

BUT, But, but.....as far as I know....I was being paid $50,000 to bring this "experimental cleaning powder" from Mexico to Fresno, CA. I didn't know exactly what it was. The guy that I got it from just said not to mess with it.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I don't think current safety protocols can be implemented with that crap.
It seems to be luck of the draw every time it's used.
Yup.....but POLITICIANS want to create a "safe space" to use illegal drugs.
See how smart and caring they are?

Aloha, Mark

PS....also imagine the LIABILITY that the City would be taking on.

Yup.....but POLITICIANS want to create a "safe space" to use illegal drugs.
See how smart and caring they are?

Aloha, Mark

PS....also imagine the LIABILITY that the City would be taking on.

You know the city will absolve themselves of any responsibility.
Likely farming it out to some third party company that specializes in making junkies....

uhhh. that's sure weird being around fentanyl in the ICU and hospital and seen zero healthcare workers collapse from it. Did he snort a bunch of it off camera?

Are you around it in a powder form, super fine?

I suspect hospitals are using it in either a tablet or liquid formulation.

They gave me fentanyl for my kidney stone surgery. I didn't know that's what it was at the time, but I only saw it when I reviewed the anesthesiologist bill after. I am glad it was available. The pain was interdimensional/otherworldly

Are you around it in a powder form, super fine?

I suspect hospitals are using it in either a tablet or liquid formulation.
Its not available in pill form. Its available in lollypop (really) but not in pill form. All the forms in healthcare are liquid or topical forms.

I've been involved in a lot of opiate overdoses in the past 30 years. that video looks like someone acting like they had an overdose or a different type of problem. It certainly could be accurate but it doesnt look that way. I would not put it past the police to bend the thruth a little. Perhaps it was a reenactment and the didnt mention it?

Its not available in pill form. Its available in lollypop (really) but not in pill form. All the forms in healthcare are liquid or topical forms.

I've been involved in a lot of opiate overdoses in the past 30 years. that video looks like someone acting like they had an overdose or a different type of problem. It certainly could be accurate but it doesnt look that way. I would not put it past the police to bend the thruth a little. Perhaps it was a reenactment and the didnt mention it?

It's a bit hard to replicate the paramedics that responded and used narcan. Plus I'm not sure whats to be gained by a staged OD as you claim.

The raw forms of it are a fine powder. Even the cooks in Mexico are afraid of it and cover themselves up 110% to prevent killing themselves while cutting heroin with it.

It's a bit hard to replicate the paramedics that responded and used narcan. Plus I'm not sure whats to be gained by a staged OD as you claim.

The raw forms of it are a fine powder. Even the cooks in Mexico are afraid of it and cover themselves up 110% to prevent killing themselves while cutting heroin with it.
Just skeptical. It would be interesting to read the note from the ER doc and test results. Weird that something with such a short halflife needed repeated narcan administration all the way to the hospital.

Like the police reports of fentanyl in marijuana that show up in the media immediately before a vote on marijuana leagalization just in states voting on the subject.

Like I said, perhaps true but if I was seeing him in the ED with that report from the paradeics, I would not stop with just assuming it was fentanyl and would be assessing for all the other causes of loss of counsciousness.

edit: I see an article that said the hospital did not even do a tocicology screen. I dont know the truth of that statement though.

Here is a statement published at that time as well

Just skeptical. It would be interesting to read the note from the ER doc and test results. Weird that something with such a short halflife needed repeated narcan administration all the way to the hospital.

Like the police reports of fentanyl in marijuana that show up in the media immediately before a vote on marijuana leagalization just in states voting on the subject.

Like I said, perhaps true but if I was seeing him in the ED with that report from the paradeics, I would not stop with just assuming it was fentanyl and would be assessing for all the other causes of loss of counsciousness.

edit: I see an article that said the hospital did not even do a tocicology screen. I dont know the truth of that statement though.

Here is a statement published at that time as well

I'm not terribly skeptical about this.

In a clinical setting I'm sure fentanyl has a purpose serves its patients well. That's where it should be kept.
On the streets, it's killing folks and creating a whole new addict.
The largest black market users of it used to be heroin users but it's now making its way into all kinds of street level drugs.
As to showing up in cannabis, I'm not terribly surprised. I have seen folks put all kinds of stuff on their weed and thats a practice that goes back to before my life started.

nobody is putting fentanyl in cannabis, unless theyre putting it in there themselves to use it.

weed is weed and its users know exactly what to expect from it and you cant make crap week hit harder or cover up the fact that its crap by putting opioids on it.

and

cannabis manufacture is essentially free, unless its indoor - and if its indoor, its already high quality and putting a crap drug on it would only serve to ruin it.

if you believe cannabis is being sold with secret fentanyl on it, you're so out of touch you have no business engaging in a conversation about drugs unless its asking questions to be educated

ok.. hope that puts a stop to that bullsh¡t

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads