JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
But I've got a turtlehead poking out

TurtleHead.jpg

And I'm getting all emotional

Thinking about changing my login to squib45 :)

TurtleHead.jpg

I've read about it but never seen it happen. I guess the lessons are: check, check and check again. And that primer alone is not enough.

I guess the lessons are: check, check and check again. And that primer alone is not enough.

I had it happen to me recently with a .45 Colt load. The primer only pushed the 300 grain bullet into the forcing cone, locking the revolver up. It was a nerve testing experience tapping the bullet back into the cylinder/case with a mallet and dowel since I was so sure that there was a powder charge in there... So, in addition to triple-checking, I'm also going to slow my pace a bit, no matter how familiar the loading is to me. After all, I'm a hand-loader, not an ammo factory.

:(

Yep, this happened to be Colt 45 also. It was just a 200gr cast bullet though. I just drilled a hole through it big enough for a needle-nose pliers and pulled it out.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews