JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
But I've got a turtlehead poking out

TurtleHead.jpg

And I'm getting all emotional

Thinking about changing my login to squib45 :)

TurtleHead.jpg

I've read about it but never seen it happen. I guess the lessons are: check, check and check again. And that primer alone is not enough.

I guess the lessons are: check, check and check again. And that primer alone is not enough.

I had it happen to me recently with a .45 Colt load. The primer only pushed the 300 grain bullet into the forcing cone, locking the revolver up. It was a nerve testing experience tapping the bullet back into the cylinder/case with a mallet and dowel since I was so sure that there was a powder charge in there... So, in addition to triple-checking, I'm also going to slow my pace a bit, no matter how familiar the loading is to me. After all, I'm a hand-loader, not an ammo factory.

:(

Yep, this happened to be Colt 45 also. It was just a 200gr cast bullet though. I just drilled a hole through it big enough for a needle-nose pliers and pulled it out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top