JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hey! :mad:

That's me!

A lot of us in this town like to stay ready. That doesn't give you the right to tear people down just because you don't agree.

:mad:

edit - removed name of local hardware store from this "joke". Wasn't that funny anyway. :D

Last Edited:
Regardless of the reasons it's obvious he has psychological problems and certain groups will latch onto that to hurt us and use it in an attempt to take away first our gun rights and then even our right to have a knife.
Either that or the guy is a spook and is purposely trying to drum up controversy or an anti-himself trying to make a particular shop look bad.

We sure should make up some laws or something like that to regulate the 2nd amendment so that people like this dont have access to firearms.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:s0093:

Hey! :mad:

That's me! Thatcher's Hardware.

A lot of us in this town like to stay ready. That doesn't give you the right to tear people down just because you don't agree.

:mad:
65609245.jpg

In a world where people can identify as whatever they want, such as a non-binary gender fluid lobster, and dress accordingly; I see nothing wrong with someone who wants to dress this way! You certainly won't see me doing it, but let the free be free!

In a world where people can identify as whatever they want, such as a non-binary gender fluid lobster, and dress accordingly; I see nothing wrong with someone who wants to dress this way! You certainly won't see me doing it, but let the free be free!
I am not saying arrest him for his appearance - although if he walked thru downtown Portland he probably would be questioned by police.

I think there may be a valid reason why he doesn't have any firearms on his person, and has seven knives, a machete and an axe of some sort.
OR.....

He just likes knives.

If no laws are being broken, he isn't committing any crimes, why should we judge?

Last I checked opinions and feelings don't make good law.

I see a free man, being free, in the land of the free. Zero difference between the pictures in the OP and a man or woman open carrying a firearm where legal.

Is this uncommon, yes, is there anything wrong with it, no.

If we start to see this as wrong and decide that we need to regulate this, then we are absolutely no better than the other side that is trying to do just that.

Yah okay. Not me. :D Slow morning here.

I do appreciate the lmao smileys above.

I'm not into the judgmental thing, but I'll admit that Xaevian nailed this one.
Malls closed, strange scenes unfolded elsewhere.

That guy spent a lot of time and money to put that ensemble together and stand in front of a mirror to get it just right.
This does not suggest complete mental stability.
I wouldn't want him hanging around playgrounds in my neighborhood.

When I lived in Eugene 30+ years ago, we had "Barbie Man".

He wore a sackcloth robe and the drawstring belt he used had the heads of about a dozen Barbie Dolls hanging.

Not at all illegal, but sure as hell a cry for help.

Kinda like Larpus.

OR.....

He just likes knives.

If no laws are being broken, he isn't committing any crimes, why should we judge?
We all judge people on appearance all the time. Most of the time we do it silently, but we judge nonetheless. It is just being human. Where I draw the line is when that judgement infringes on someone's rights. To think, or even say, someone looks like a doofus due to their appearance, does not infringe on their rights.

At no point did I say it did - I was just observing that there may be a valid legal reason why he has no firearms on his person when he obviously does not mind advertising that he has armed himself with multiple edged weapons and is going for the "operator" look (not to mention the rebel mask), in a gun store. I could very well be wrong, but I would be very interested in hearing why he is so armed/etc., and has no guns.

His outfit reminds me of my druggy cousins husband, who got kicked out of the army for being nuts.

The guy who wears a bulletproof vest and open carries a Bowie knife, every friggin day. Likes to lie and tell a lot of "stories" about being an "operative", secret assasination missions allover the world...

I don't trust him around me and I wouldn't trust this guy. It's only common sense to be wary of someone who tries this hard to advertise.

OR.....

He just likes knives.

I see a free man, being free, in the land of the free. Zero difference between the pictures in the OP and a man or woman open carrying a firearm where legal.

Is this uncommon, yes, is there anything wrong with it, no.

If we start to see this as wrong and decide that we need to regulate this, then we are absolutely no better than the other side that is trying to do just that.
I agree, my point was the anti's will use "anything" to push their agenda...

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads