JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm still a bit steamed. What's with loony people?!

I got a call a while ago, from the local police. The officer asks me if we own a certain color/model vehicle. It's my 16yo daughter's car, and she's out in it, so it's instant panic.

He's very polite and calms me down quickly, by saying that someone called to report a dog locked in the car in the WalMart parking lot. I told him it's my daughter's car and she loves and takes very good care of her dog (spoils him actually), and I'm certain he's fine and the window is cracked for air.
The officer laughs it off, says he thought that was the case, since it's only 61 degrees out! If we went and drove through the WalMart parking lot right now, we'd see at least a dozen other dogs patiently and happily waiting in cars. He said that when they get a call, they have to make contact, and that was that.

I scratch my head at what kind of nut would make such a call, then my daughter comes home in tears. The guy had waited for her to come out of the store, confronted her, yelled and used profanity, and flipper her off as he drove away! :mad: I called the police back to report it, as I think behavior like this is potentially dangerous. The guy clearly had a screw loose.

It was 61 degrees and the windows were cracked. She said that the soda she had in the car still had plenty of ice in it. She spoils and pampers that dog. I absolutely guarantee that he was in no discomfort.

Beyond that, there's no excuse whatsoever for cussing out a very polite 16 year old girl. I hope he left his number with the police, and they give him a call back to tell him that.

Yup, plenty of rotten kens and Karen's out there thinking it's their business to tell others theirs! I ALWAYS pack one of the doggies along with me most everywhere I go, they fight over who's turn it is, and I always leave the motor running with the air on and the doors locked!
Came out of the store a while back and there was this soccer mom Karen on the phone with the cops making a racket about the poor doggie in the car with the windows up!
I splained that the air was running and that the dog didn't do we when the temps are up over 70° and she pitched a fit! Cops show up and I open the door so they can meet slobber monster #2 and see that it's nice and cold inside and the 5 gallon homer bucket is half full of ice water! Slobber monster growled at Karen and then kicked the hell out of the cop, who thought that was perfect!
PXL_20210503_033827542.jpg

I have no use for those who abuse or neglect their animals, but self-righteous busy-bodies are just about as bad.

My protective-dad-instinct wanted to be there to shield her from this idiot, but on the other hand, it was in a very public place and she was in no real danger. It was probably good for her to see that there are, and will always be, loony-tune people in this world who will get in your face for no good reason.

We had a talk about how the best way to deal with people like this is to keep your distance, stay calm, and do your best to defuse and break contact. Never argue or fight. Don't get sucked into the crazy. Call the police if you're threatened.

Fortunately this nut-job said his little profanity-laced, self-righteous rant and left. She said that his last words were "Just wait until the cops get here". Little did he know that the cops weren't coming, but rather were laughing at him.

I like to break down important life advice into memorable little quotes. I tell my kids often that this is something that will save them from a lot of trouble in life, if they can remember to do it:

Stay away from crazy!

This is valuable advice, whether in regards to friends, dating, other drivers on the road, etc.. Just stay away from crazy. :)

I have no use for those who abuse or neglect their animals, but self-righteous busy-bodies are just about as bad.

My protective-dad-instinct wanted to be there to shield her from this idiot, but on the other hand, it was in a very public place and she was in no real danger. It was probably good for her to see that there are, and will always be, loony-tune people in this world who will get in your face for no good reason.

We had a talk about how the best way to deal with people like this is to keep your distance, stay calm, and do your best to defuse and break contact. Never argue or fight. Don't get sucked into the crazy. Call the police if you're threatened.

Fortunately this nut-job said his little profanity-laced, self-righteous rant and left. She said that his last words were "Just wait until the cops get here". Little did he know that the cops weren't coming, but rather were laughing at him.
Police get a TON of those kind of calls. When they can they will check. If the dog is in distress they will get it out but, that is VERY rare indeed. This mask hoax shows just how many people live life with the idea they can't wait to try to tell others how to live. :s0092:

The march before last, my wife's SUV was parked in an underground garage while she was inside the building taking care of some ranch business. One of her favorite champion Rat Terriers was in the car with the windows down enough to let are circulate and it is plenty cool in Bellevue in March. Some Karen sees the dog, looses her s#it, forces her arm inside the car, unlocks the doors and removes the dog. One of the Karen's friends calls the building management while the Karen calls the police. Meanwhile, someone at the business saw what was going on and flew upstairs to tell my wife. When she confronts the Karen and demands that she return her dog, the Karen gets all indignant and starts yelling that my wife is never getting her dog back because she abused it. Cops showed up, told the Karen she couldn't keep the dog and asked my wife if she wanted to press charges.

Poor Karen thought she'd scored herself a free champion Rat Terrier but only avoided being arrested because my wife is a nice person..

Yup, I agree, Karenism is a mental illness.

That guy there is what I call a "Democrat", or "Biden Voter"! Better believe, he knows what's best for everyone!

Or at least he believes it.

The march before last, my wife's SUV was parked in an underground garage while she was inside the building taking care of some ranch business. One of her favorite champion Rat Terriers was in the car with the windows down enough to let are circulate and it is plenty cool in Bellevue in March. Some Karen sees the dog, looses her s#it, forces her arm inside the car, unlocks the doors and removes the dog. One of the Karen's friends calls the building management while the Karen calls the police. Meanwhile, someone at the business saw what was going on and flew upstairs to tell my wife. When she confronts the Karen and demands that she return her dog, the Karen gets all indignant and starts yelling that my wife is never getting her dog back because she abused it. Cops showed up, told the Karen she couldn't keep the dog and asked my wife if she wanted to press charges.

Poor Karen thought she'd scored herself a free champion Rat Terrier but only avoided being arrested because my wife is a nice person..

Yup, I agree, Karenism is a mental illness.
Damn shame the dog did not bite the crap out of her. The MinPin in my Avatar never did learn to like strangers. He only bit a couple times and it was when someone made the mistake of cornering him to pick him up. In nice weather I would take him with me to the store and such. If someone was the force the doors he would have backed into a corner, if they pushed it he would bite for all he was worth. He did it to one Son in Law one day who cornered him to pick him up when I did not know it was happening.

Damn shame the dog did not bite the crap out of her. The MinPin in my Avatar never did learn to like strangers. He only bit a couple times and it was when someone made the mistake of cornering him to pick him up. In nice weather I would take him with me to the store and such. If someone was the force the doors he would have backed into a corner, if they pushed it he would bite for all he was worth. He did it to one Son in Law one day who cornered him to pick him up when I did not know it was happening.
This guy has spent so much time around people and other dogs the only time you get a reaction out of him is when someone gets between him and his "mom".

20210510_175801.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads