JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short, I have a problem with someone consistently letting their dog crap on my lawn (curb side of sidewalk) and would like reasonable suggestions to fix this. I keep stepping in it and have no idea who the culprit is. Don't necessarily want to set up a security camera just for poop but maybe... Thinking of planting a bunch of Hawthornes, roses, anything with thorns. Ideas?

Just put a sign out that says "Smile for the video camera". No need for a camera at this point.

Long story short, I have a problem with someone consistently letting their dog crap on my lawn (curb side of sidewalk) and would like reasonable suggestions to fix this. I keep stepping in it and have no idea who the culprit is. Don't necessarily want to set up a security camera just for poop but maybe... Thinking of planting a bunch of Hawthornes, roses, anything with thorns. Ideas?

Something with thorns may well help. Sadly anyone who does this is beyond caring. So unless you are willing to do something to catch them not much else can be done. Camera's are VERY cheap now. I know one guy who neighbor was doing this. Talk did noting, they thought it was funny. So he put on some exam gloves, picked a fresh pile up, went to the house and stuck it up the dryer vent as far as he could reach. Took them days to figure out where that smell was coming from. The one of course accused him. He played ignorant but laughed and said, those damn kids. The problem did stop. :s0140:

Find out who's dog it is. Then go to their house, drop trou and pinch a fatty on their lawn.

All I can think of.

Find out who's dog it is. Then go to their house, drop trou and pinch a fatty on their lawn.

All I can think of.
Decades back we had a guy down the road, had a huge mix dog. Was forever out running around. Tore up one of our cats, nice vet bill. He of course denied it was his dog. When city took over animal control I started swearing out complaints when it bit one of my dogs but no real harm. He got fined multiple times, dog was still out. We come home one morning to find HUGE pile on lawn. Wife asks me for a glove. I told her shovel right there, no she wants glove. So I pull one from belt, she picks it up, walks to their home and smears it all over their front steps. They had a couple teenage kids at that time so I am sure it got tracked into their home. When I bring this up now she denies it ever happened and tells me I am making it up :s0140:

I know for cats you can sprinkle spices to keep them out of flower beds, might work for dogs to. Lay some cayenne pepper down there. He probably wont want to sniff and stick around to long. Best case he takes a deep whiff of it, Sneezes, and $**ts on the owner.

I don't think a fence is gonna cut it here. It's the curb portion so, what, 3 feet wide? I did put a fence on the main lawn just for this same reason. Been a multi year problem. Issue with "looking where I walk" is it's fall. And there are leaves to rake. Leaves make good camo. I also have a security system in place, only part it doesn't observe is the front lawn, curb part, ironically.

I appreciate the ideas, guys!

Nick,

You're right.

It's not the dog's fault.

This sort of thing was something my Daughter put up with until she caught the culprit and the dog.

Told the guy if he didn't clean it up she'd call the cops.

He did and never returned.

Proven to work, as mentioned above...
Drip bacon grease over old piles of poop. The offender will eat the pile, and later treat his owner to a lovely greasy mixture of SH!T flavored puke and poop.

I was gonna suggest a blow-dart with the darts dipped in a gooey digitalis (foxglove) concoction. Dog has heart attack, DRT.

All I can think of.
'uck that. Make sure you have some 60's on your truck, drive over and lay a nice, long patch on his lawn.
Can you tell I'm irked at people who let their critter crap on my lawn?

For starters, get some of that cheap and cheerful 12" - 24" high border fence that you just push into the ground. This is just an example but it comes in a variety of styles. It's cheap and easy and is usually enough to keep dogs on the sidewalk and not coming onto your grass. It's a bold dog and an even bolder owner who will let their dog cross over stuff like this.

But, in case it's a bold owner, get you a YARD ENFORCER! :D

51lzS9UvYdL._SL1000_.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews