JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm offering a tip to those that are new and old timers owning any gun with sight or other optic.

I recently put my gun in the shop to switch out sights from a Dot-n-Post to a Target adjustable. When i got it back I wanted to see if it was on...
I have mainly 9mm's so I bought a 9mm lazer cartrige from a well known supplier. Following all the safety and printed instruction i used it and found out where each of my pistols center was. I also found that the money paid to switch out the sights was not to sight it. Using this lazer cartrige to find each pistols center, I have been on every time, every gun and saving ammo sighting in. :s0155:

I would like to see other basic fixes to help the gun owner that can make a difference.

This is a little off topic, but it's a neat trick when mounting a scope that has been installed previously on another firearm.
To return the crosshairs back to factory center, put the scope tight against a mirror and look into the the eyepiece.
You will see two sets of crosshairs. Adjust the windage / elevation knobs so that both sets line up together.
You are now back to factory center.

This is a little off topic, but it's a neat little trick when mounting a scope that has been installed previously on another firearm.
To return the crosshairs back to factory center, put the scope tight against a mirror and look into the the eyepiece.
You will see two sets of crosshairs. Adjust the windage / elevation knobs so that both sets line up together.
You are now back to factory center.

thats a nice tip!

here is another trick but you might know it already get four standard paper targets turn them over so all you see is the white side staple them to your target back board staple them so you have them like four square you need a rifle rest. place your rifles scope dead centerbetween all four squares .take off your scope adjustment covers .take your first shot. now with out moving the rifle see where the bullet hole is . now ajust your cross hairs to that hole . now your rifle is zeroed at 100 yards take one more shot at the center again pretty cool huh

If my guns don't shoot to "point of aim" I change what's needed to make them do so. Adjust sights, scope or bullet weight. I once had a .22 revolver that wasn't even close. It got sold!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top