JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does Violence, Influence Government Choices?
( the topic is not to condone or discuss to commit violence )

I was having coffee with a friend of mine and anifta came up and we talked about the violence and intimidation of that group. We then looked at how the southern border of the USA is allowing violence against our own people, and then finally legal gun owners whom are not violent, well the government wants to address violence in our ownership that does not exist.

So the question comes up, Does Violence, Influence Government Choices?
If so does it vary country to country, or is there just some unknown reaction and response
acts of violence politically.
Seems that some violence is allowed or expected and maybe even encouraged.

Just a talk we were having thought id share.

Yes.
Threat of violence, implied or stated is what cause governments to make specific policies. For example, the threat of warfare influences the spending of monies into defense budgets... threat of gang violence, increased police force, more weapon types, armored vehicles, body armor types...
Threar of assassinations and the like... increased bodyguards, arming of such, training and hiring of Secret Service.... threat of taxpayer violent resistance, IRS Special Agents whom are armed....

I believe the theory of "The Monopoly Of Force" has been discussed here

Follow up. It is well known that governments, the world over all believe themselves to have the monopoly of force over their citizens. The U.S. government enjoys such a monopoly of force over its citizens by way of the military and the vast number of armed civilian agencies (not just Law Enforcement). Uniquely though, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence both affirms that the government does not have absolute monopoly of force by affirming that the citizens have a right to keep and bear arms, to form militias, and to change the government if necessary .

This is not repeated in any of the recognized countries as far as I know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top