JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I (OR resident) would like to sell a rifle to a WA resident.

Do I ship the rifle directly to the FFL in WA, or must I find an OR FFL to ship it for me?

Firearm is not a handgun nor a potential handgun (stripped lower). No ammo included in deal.

If I can ship directly, are there any special markings i must have on the package? Will USPS carry it or do I need to use FedEx/UPS?

Thank you

So I (OR resident) would like to sell a rifle to a WA resident.

Do I ship the rifle directly to the FFL in WA, or must I find an OR FFL to ship it for me?

Firearm is not a handgun nor a potential handgun (stripped lower). No ammo included in deal.

If I can ship directly, are there any special markings i must have on the package? Will USPS carry it or do I need to use FedEx/UPS?

Thank you

If it were me, I'd use UPS. I've used them several times without any hitches. No, you don't need an FFL on the shipping end, only the receiving end, but I would check with the receiving FFL whether that's OK with them. Some would prefer that the shipper be a FFL holder.

USPS is the easiest method to ship a longarm. I've shipped several to out-of-state purchasers over the last few months, most to the purchasers themselves (who had 03FFLs) and one to an 01FFL. I do not have an FFL. I shipped all Priority and Insured for under $50. DO NOT mark the packages in any manner indicating that there is a firearm inside. You should get a copy of the recipient's FFL for your records.

Although you indicated you aren't anyway, for anyone else who would be wondering, handguns or ammo ARE NOT shippable by USPS, only Fed Ex or UPS.

Keith

You can personally ship to an FFL in another state, as long as you have a copy of their current FFL license, and if using UPS you can't ship from one of their convenience stores, only the main terminal on Basin Ave, located on Swan Island.
Also, the receiving FFL will want a copy of your drivers license included with the shipment.

thanks for the concise and prompt answers!

any links to references for FFL code (for instance, the difference between FFL01 vs FFL03)?

One other item on shipping firearms is the price. I just shipped by UPS ground, a Weatherby .22 rifle with factory scope to Green Bay Wisconsin for less then $26.00 and that included $800.00 worth of insurance.
The week before, my UPS shipping charges for a S&W model 41 target pistol to a guy in Iowa was over $97.00.
All handguns are required to be shipped via overnight express, and that ain't cheap.
The reason behind that rule is that the handgun is in their possession for the shortest time possible, thus eliminating possible theft.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top