JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do kind of. I limit my camping supplies if it's just me or my army buddy. He gets mad at me because after coming back home he gets more MREs and primitive camping! I'm a great friend.

Mostly just do lean to shelters.

She it:rolleyes:!

That's what hippies call man skills:p.

First part of my life was in a tropical jungle and from 12 on SW WA was my backyard...

Lots of time in scouts and then camping after that.

I've done most of it before it was cool and just what redneck's and hillbilly's did.

Took my survival merit badge during the winter where it snowed on us all night.

Not much I can't do with a knife, string, a ferro rod and the forest.

Well... ok, I'd need needle nose pliers and duck tape to fix a car:D.

I am glad to see a revival of those skills though. Except batoning wood with a knife:confused: I'm not sure what numbnut thought that was a good idea or test for a knife.

Get a good axe and save your calories;).

Do you bushcraft? What works? What do you like? What have you built? Shelters, traps, fishing, hunting, new ideas...pics are invited and welcomed! @AndyinEverson you have anything for us to start?

Yes, and I teach it for a living. Everything from shelters, tool making including bows, bowl burning, foraging, traps, fishing, orienteering, etc, the best job in the world after the Army.

I like bush. I enjoy being in the bush. I enjoy trimming bush. Bush gives me wood. Burning bush can be cured with ointment. Bush makes good cover for secret cave entry. Bright eyed and bushy tailed is a sign of an eager beaver. A day in the bush will leave you bushed. Sleeping in the bush can leave you a little crusty in the morning. Bush beer, always served warm.

My boobs are getting bigger every day. Does that count?

Ewwwwww!

I'll get a picture and or video of using flint and steel to start a fire ... that is always a crowd pleaser at our displays / rendezvous.
Learning how to read a map & compass
Basic first aid
Learning how to pack and carry a ruck
These are some of the most overlooked , but most important "bushcraft" skills , I think.
Cool thread MasterChief1
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class