JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the support I am working to maintain it on a professional and non emotional level.

yes I think threatenening is a better fit.

I am still a bit on the fence about the Coercion section, I have been wanting to send this out as a concern that needs to be fixed without resorting to overt threats. I am sort of hoping they see the error of their ways and take care of it on their own. Maybe that is a pipe dream, but I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The original document could have been written by a secretary who does not realise how serious the issue is, the Assistant Super may not know of the situation.

This goes up beyond the Principal of the school, this document came directly from the office of the assistant superintendent of schools.

I may however also make sure to send a copy of the letter to each of the principals of the schools in the district, thanks for that idea.

Does anyone know where I could pick-up the Firearms laws pamphlets with the full RCW codes? I was given my copy when I applied for my CPL, but have not seen them anyplace else?

Lamrith,

you mentioned in your original post that they had changed the wording of the RCW from "in" to "on" regarding where it is illegal to carry when it comes to schools. I would make sure that you point that out as well. My guess is that it was an intentional change which they would likely deny. If they deny the change was intentional then they are claiming it was a typographical error. However, combined with the intentional omission of exception (e), I believe they would have a hard time convincing an intelligent jury that it was a coincidental typo.
I hope that the letter doesn't fall on deaf ears and that they correct their "error".

Good luck!

There are these awesome things you may not have hear of, called SEARCH ENGINES.

Bing is your friend: Chapter 9.41 RCW: Firearms and dangerous weapons

That is a bit out of line assuming I have not already researched this pretty extensively and searched online. Way ahead of you on that, that is were I was able to copy/past the information into my letter to begin with.

Anyone can copy/past or print out the RCW, and edit it at the same time as evidenced by their document. I asked about pamphlets because I am specifically asking for pre-printed pamphlets produced by the state that I can send so there is no question as to the validity and actual verbiage of the law. I believe they are omitting something and they will think I am, if I provide the State's printed documents there is no room for question on their part.

I went back thru the Original document again and the "in" / "on" was part of another section, upon re-reading it, it is written as the state has it.

I have said a prayer for you on this matter. Public schools have unfortunately kicked God out already but I'll continue to pray.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Does anyone know where I could pick-up the Firearms laws pamphlets with the full RCW codes? I was given my copy when I applied for my CPL, but have not seen them anyplace else?

If you want a paper copy of that pamphlet you can go to your local Sheriff's office and ask. OR, there is the .pdf version on the WAF&W web site...if you want it on your computer to read/email or print yourself.

There is a difference between the F&W bulletin and just RCW 9.41. The bulletin also has reference to RCW 70 and RCW 77 as they apply to firearms,

Cool letter. I noticed a few punctuation issues and bogus words - "thru", "after-words", "in actuality". You may want someone to edit it, since people in education tend to be sensitive to good grammar.
:)

Just to pick a nit, "thru" is a legitimate spelling of "through."
It is fairly common on engineering drawings to describe an infinite depth hole.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top