JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing I learned recently from doing load workups for my Rem 700 is perhaps look at a couple of different powders and a decent quality bullet, then go through the process of working up different loads using the same bullet. I watched as my group went from 2" high and a spread of 1.72 MOA down to 0.627MOA and on target elevation (no change in POI) just from changes to charge: shooting off sandbags. I was using Nosler Custom Competition bullets, but if I had based my findings on the first powder charge, I would have dismissed that powder/bullet combination and said the bullets were crap.

Hey guys! Damn didn't see all these responses. So recently I loaded up some 69gr. Nosler BTHP's in Lake City Cases with I think they were 22.5-23 grains of varget powder (have to recheck that) and I got about .8-.9 inch groups with stock trigger. The accurace improved quite a bit because after shooting those I moved back to some 55 grain PMC's during the same range session and they were all over.

As far as people mentioning checking the gun, I had the barrel nut and any gunsmith work done at Westcoast so I haven't messed with any of those specs and assume they did it correctly.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top