JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing I learned recently from doing load workups for my Rem 700 is perhaps look at a couple of different powders and a decent quality bullet, then go through the process of working up different loads using the same bullet. I watched as my group went from 2" high and a spread of 1.72 MOA down to 0.627MOA and on target elevation (no change in POI) just from changes to charge: shooting off sandbags. I was using Nosler Custom Competition bullets, but if I had based my findings on the first powder charge, I would have dismissed that powder/bullet combination and said the bullets were crap.

Hey guys! Damn didn't see all these responses. So recently I loaded up some 69gr. Nosler BTHP's in Lake City Cases with I think they were 22.5-23 grains of varget powder (have to recheck that) and I got about .8-.9 inch groups with stock trigger. The accurace improved quite a bit because after shooting those I moved back to some 55 grain PMC's during the same range session and they were all over.

As far as people mentioning checking the gun, I had the barrel nut and any gunsmith work done at Westcoast so I haven't messed with any of those specs and assume they did it correctly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top