JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll admit this is a bit tongue in cheek, and that I am not up on all the details of the capture of the second alleged bomber yesterday, but I find it interesting that there were so many shots fired yesterday while I was listening to the radio. One might think that with all the trained firepower at the scene, there would only be the need for a couple rounds to be fired.

From what I gather, the guy was hiding in a boat, the PD had him surrounded, flash-bangs were utilized a bit later in the process, but I did hear a lot of lead (or what appeared to be) lead going down range.

So the question begs, if highly trained LEO cannot get the job done with F/A and 30-rounders, then how could the grabbers ever assume that a poorly trained AR & Bible clinger on-er like me to protect myself with anything less?

LOL, you ever seen the average cop shoot!? I promise I'm not trying to be a bad guy, so hear me out?

I'm not saying they are all bad shots, in fact quite the opposite, most are excellent shots, in a controlled practice environment.

It's like a private's first time in combat...there is a ton of spray and pray, but after the tours build up, the nerves go down...Ice starts running in the veins and it's a different deal.

Police so rarely are in a combat situation, the nerves get them.

LOL, you ever seen the average cop shoot!? I promise I'm not trying to be a bad guy, so hear me out?

I'm not saying they are all bad shots, in fact quite the opposite, most are excellent shots, in a controlled practice environment.

It's like a private's first time in combat...there is a ton of spray and pray, but after the tours build up, the nerves go down...Ice starts running in the veins and it's a different deal.

Police so rarely are in a combat situation, the nerves get them.

Most (not all) cops could give Storm Troopers a run for their money in the accuracy department.

And I am not downplaying that...

It's an adrenaline thing. Think about how often a cop actually uses a weapon in anger. That affects things SO much.

My best friend in the world (grew up with him) Was an MP and then a Grant Co. Sheriff's Deputy. And many other Police are combat vets as well. Those guys would be the exception. I really think the majority of police are not though...And that is what I'm getting at.

I am in no way knocking LEOs. It's a different world when the guns come out.

Now, there are a lot of guys and gals in the military that are not front line soldiers, and are in the same situation...never use their weapons in anger. So if TSHTF and they have to, thier little marksman or sharpshooter badge really shows itself.

Front Line troopers and Marines will win in a fire fight accuracy wise all day long.

Now, Star Wars Storm troopers, well

105B72722868-1.jpg

200 rnds exchanged in the fire fight and the one person that died was run over by his brother! Thats a lot of missing targets and a lot of bullets that arent accounted for.

sounds like you missed the video captured by one of the guys in lock down during the shootout. he was sitting at his window filming the action at about 90 degrees to the cops' direction of fire, when a burst of shots came through his walls from the cops firing in an entirely wrong direction. ill have to find it again considering cbs took the video down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top