Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

DHS buys even more ammo!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Russ1590, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

2. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years." -http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

WOW!

3. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists out there. I simply call a spade a spade. I'd love to know what the DHS plans on doing with all that ammo though. Perhaps there might be a surplus sale soon and we can buy some?

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. snooopidydoo

snooopidydoo Medford Oregon Active Member

Sure makes you wonder..

5. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

Let's just hope it was only their fear of a short term supply and they were stocking up. And now that they're over stocked, perhaps we'll see some surplus sales where we can get 223/556 for .02 a round.

6. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

DHS doesn't have nearly as many people that will be shooting those rounds as our military does. So its more like a 300 year war. They probably have a sparta complex.

7. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

I guess they want every VA Hospital in the country to have this much ammo for security.
    Photo below was taken 01/09/13 at the VA Hospital in Portland Oregon (Pill Hill) exiting the elevator on the skybridge level. Appears to be all 9mm
    29m9088.jpg

8. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

Why would a VA hospital need 75,000+ rounds? Thats very strange

9. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Luckily everything you read on the internet is the truth.

10. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

The more ammunition the government buys, the less ammo, brass, powder, bullets, primers, and raw materials are available for civilian ammunition purchase. This isn't so much a conspiracy theory. This administration has shared its desire to limit "civilians" access to firearms. What better way than to buy up all the ammo? Without ammo, that "assault weapon" is just a paperweight or club.

11. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that it's a sneaky attempt at gun control/disarming the populous by making ammunition unavailable. I don't want to put my tinfoil hat on, but that kind of makes sense. However for me personally, even more sinister motives come to mind.

12. Viper84

Viper84 Bellingham, WA Member

I thought the DHS was buying rounds for military use. If theyre strictly for DHS/TSA agents then that adds a whole new WTF factor. I like to think that theyre only buying everything up so that civies cant right now. Its still messed up but its better than the alternative. :paranoid:

13. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

The bigger question is why is nobody helping that man trapped under all that ammo?

14. notchman

notchman Kitsap Peninsula, WA Member

ROFLMAO

15. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Especially when Alex Jones and Infowars say so.

16. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree that Alex Jones views everything as a sinister plot, whether there's real proof or not, but in the case of these massive ammunition purchases they are verifiable outside Alex Jones.

In fact, please prove it wrong. Are you saying these purchases aren't taking place?

My biggest question is, when our economy is in the crapper, and the fact that the government hasn't made a budget in 4 years, how can this be responsible use of our money? This is tax payer money, being used to create FEMA armies, DHS armies, TSA armies. The billions spent on ammunition alone could have gone a LONG way towards improving this nation.

This is ludicrous. Why can we not tell them no? It's OUR money!

17. tfbit

tfbit Eugene, OR Active Member

Did you take this picture or know the person that took it or have any other way to verify it?

corvus and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was a clock tower at the VA.

19. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

They must have got the idea from Portland. Have you tried OCing in Portland without a CHL?

20. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Should've grabbed a box or two. You paid for it.