JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a real rule, but most any government agency that turns money back one year gets their budget axed the next year, kind of a punishment for frugal management.
You are right about a sudden War hurting civilian supplies.
It is a VA hospital, in a country not in conflict, not a field hospital. I don't think the Geneva Convention applies.

This has the ring of damage control. Local retailers are NOT receiving thousands of boxes of ammo per week. Bi-Mart told me the other day that there is nothing in their warehouse and they don't know when any more ammunition might come in. I've been in the store to see the ammo arrive and it's on the order of a dozen assorted boxes. It's not a hoarding problem.

People still think that a DHS request for an order of about 340 to 420 million rounds a year is causing a shortage?

Some people still can not do simple math. The shortage is because MILLIONs of gun owners are buying ammo as fast as it can be produced because of fear of pending legislation. Millions of people buying thousands of rounds very quickly eclipses the order that in the big scheme of things is a drop in the bucket compared to what consumers consume (there's a reason they are called consumers).

DHS order is 1.7 to 2.1 billion over 5 years (340 to 420 million a year)
If only 10 million of the 80+ million gun owners (1 in 8) buy 50 rounds a month (600 a year), that's 6 billion rounds a year - around 14 times more than the 'huge' DHS order.

First off, Alex Jones is an American hero for his actions standing up against the NWO.

Anyways, we know that this amount of ammo is enough for a 24-yr long "Iraq War." Pretty crazy right? What's crazier is how the DHS first said (before later denying the ammo's existence, despite it being on their own site) "we bought this ammo for training." Ok, "training" at current levels the whole US Gov't uses ~15,000,000 rounds for training each year. So since they just bought 2,100,000,000 rounds for training, they apparently now have 140 YEARS worth of ammunition for "training." Ha, and most are hollow points which are BANNED by the Geneva convention for war. I guess them slaughtering their own people isn't a "war." Here's another thing, do you really think we're gonna be using .40SW (DHS's sidearm round and a big part of the ammo bought), 5.56 and .308 in even 50 years? Let alone 140... This is absurd.

Well, its not about the time, 24 years that is. Size is more important. Iraq is 170k square miles approximately.... The USA is 2,960,000. so right around 17 times the size of iraq, that would mean a 1.5 year war over the entire USA if the fighting was evenly spread out.

I really dont think our government is stupid enough to take on a war that is 17 times the size of the one in iraq, unless they have 175 million caskets burning a hole in their pocket and they need justification for spending the money and need to fill them...

I personally don't think we are in imminent danger. My Spidey sense was definitely going off for a while, but right now I'm in "wait and see" mode. When I get a chance I'm going to check out the links Mark W provided here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/131732-sorry-logic.html

I for sure am not worried about the ammo purchased by the Portland VA. The delivery date indicates to me that it was likely a last minute rush order at the end of the last FY. It happens all the time in the VA - the various departments hold back on their fund control points to prevent running out of money before the end of the FY. Like clockwork, at the very last minute, one of the accountants will find additional funds you didn't know you had. You then need to use those funds, usually in one to two days, before they are swept and your budget made smaller for next year.

I recall one time in particular when I worked for them (not the VA Police, but our offices were right next door.) in the late '90s where I was asked to get invoices to spend $200K in four hours. I would almost bet that the ammo purchase was made under similar circumstances. Believe me, I know these guys, and I have seen them risk their lives more than once. I'm as suspicious as anybody about the current administration, and have one eye cocked at the DHS at all times, but there is nothing going on here.

It's not a real rule, but most any government agency that turns money back one year gets their budget axed the next year, kind of a punishment for frugal management.
You are right about a sudden War hurting civilian supplies.
It is a VA hospital, in a country not in conflict, not a field hospital. I don't think the Geneva Convention applies.

You are correct - if you don't spend it gets swept. The reason that the budget will get reduced is for the following reasons:
1) because you obviously didn't need it.
2) so you will get a lesson in better estimating your budget and
3) someone in your chain of command (like the Medical Center Director) will not get a full bonus because they didn't spend as planned. Your lack of preparation and execution reflects badly on them and you will be punished to make sure they don't get hit in the pocket book again.

Well it's not the land size, it's the population. If they could control just the cities that would be devastating by itself. As for the caskets, they already have those. Look up FEMA camp plastic caskets or something like that on youtube. They exist.

I for sure am not worried about the ammo purchased by the Portland VA. The delivery date indicates to me that it was likely a last minute rush order at the end of the last FY.

So.. the whole "They had to blow through the rest of their budget or get it cut next year" argument for me loses steam when a HOSPITAL decides to burn it's budget on... not bandaids... not neosporin... not aspirin or new wheelchairs... but BULLETS.

You've got to be kidding me. There might be a logical excuse for it, but "I had to spend money somewhere" cannot be it.

So.. the whole "They had to blow through the rest of their budget or get it cut next year" argument for me loses steam when a HOSPITAL decides to burn it's budget on... not bandaids... not neosporin... not aspirin or new wheelchairs... but BULLETS.

You've got to be kidding me. There might be a logical excuse for it, but "I had to spend money somewhere" cannot be it.

Welcome to the government, if it had to make sense anybody could do it!

People still think that a DHS request for an order of about 340 to 420 million rounds a year is causing a shortage?

Some people still can not do simple math. The shortage is because MILLIONs of gun owners are buying ammo as fast as it can be produced because of fear of pending legislation. Millions of people buying thousands of rounds very quickly eclipses the order that in the big scheme of things is a drop in the bucket compared to what consumers consume (there's a reason they are called consumers).

DHS order is 1.7 to 2.1 billion over 5 years (340 to 420 million a year)
If only 10 million of the 80+ million gun owners (1 in 8) buy 50 rounds a month (600 a year), that's 6 billion rounds a year - around 14 times more than the 'huge' DHS order.

Exactly.

ATK (Alliant Techsystems, parent company of CCI/Speer and Federal) has already issued a statement on the matter. They are the company with whom that big "1.6 billion" round order for .40 S&W hollow points was placed. They put it out there pretty clearly that they are cranking the stuff out as fast as they can (which makes sense for a business!), and that most of what they make is being sold to the public market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top